Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I am so sorry that your mom is getting close to the end of her life.

We are never quite prepared to say goodbye.

Wishing you peace during this difficult time in your lives.
(1)

So sorry to hear about your mom. Will keep you, her, your dad and family in my prayers. Best wishes.
(2)

It is just heartbreaking to see someone you love go through this and your poor dad. He must beside himself. My thoughts will be with your family. I am so sorry that you are going through this.

Hugs!!
(2)

Vicky, I will pray for your family and especially for your Dad. What a very sad time for all of you. Peace be with you.
(2)

I’m sorry you’re all watching this happen. It’s so very hard. Peace and rest for all...
(2)

Praying for God's peace and comfort to be with you and your family in the days and weeks ahead. The dying process of our loved ones can be very difficult to watch, especially when we know there's really nothing we can do to stop it. Your parents are very blessed to have been together for so long, but I know that just makes it all the harder for your dad. I know your heart is breaking, and I am so sorry. God bless you.
(3)

Dear Vicky,

I am so, so sorry to read that your mom is rapidly deteriorating after so many good months and rallying. I feel terrible for your dear dad as I know he hasn't been able to handle the reality of where this has all been heading. You're right after 67 years of marriage I'm sure he simply cannot fathom his life with her.

I'm thankful he has you and your brothers during all of this and that you all have come to the realization and acceptance that your mom's time appears to be very short. I am praying along with you that she can make it through Christmas especially for your dad. I've personally known several people along with losing my FIL and MIL during the holidays and it's so hard especially when they've been such happy times in your lives.

As for the spots on her legs developing, if it looks like mottling of the skin causing a red or purplish marbled appearance, that is one of the signs that the heart is no longer able to pump blood effectively, the blood pressure slowly drops and blood flow throughout the body slows causing the extremities to begin to feel cold to the touch. I remember hospice showing my dad's legs to me when that occurred and he was nearing the end.

You and your family will be on my mind and in my prayers during this difficult time -

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

God be with all of you.
(4)

It is so good you can all be there with your Mom during this last journey. Keeping you in thought, especially your dead Dad.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter