Follow

It was a very rough night.

I truly feel mom is entering the end of life cycle. Her hallucinations are worse, her speech is slurred and her breathing has changed. My girls came last night as we weren't sure she'd make it. Ashley stayed the night with Frank & I. We are trying to wrap our heads around what's going on. She will raise her arms up and mumble hallelujah. Frank brought the recliner into moms room and I "slept" right beside her. This is so hard.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
It’s such a hard time. My daughter made a sorbet that we painted BIL’s lips with when he couldn’t drink, and he liked that. Make sure that you and your family take turns to get enough sleep. The next stage needs you to be in good shape if possible. Love to you all.
(1)

So my mom kinda had a day yesterday that really blew us away. After being totally unresponsive for 2 1/2 days and couldn’t get out of bed or sit unassisted she talked, sorta got up on her own, but collapsed and ate a little ice cream. She even smiled once or twice! She’s lost control of her bowels and can’t wipe herself. We support her the few times she went to the bathroom but you have to hold the walker in front of her as she lays her head down on it from exhaustion. She’s been trembling a lot. Today only tiny sips of drink, no food. Doesn’t ask for drink but we offer it, she rarely accepts it. I’m so confused! If Hospice came out to evaluate her I’m afraid she may have a more lucid time again. What do I do? I contacted her dr early this morning but no response all day!
(0)

So you have the hospice order; is it a staffing issue Hospice hasn’t evaluated her yet?
Please get hospice in ASAP. They will assure your mother’s need for comfort is met, as well as provide support to you and your family.
My prayers go out to you and yours.
Hospice will help you manage her restlessness through medication administration (Ativan).
(3)

Hugs to you. Sending you prayers.
(2)

Thinking of you tonight. ((((((Hugs)))))))
(2)

Not yet. Maybe they’ll come out now. I have been playing instrumental hymns for her. Some ladies from church are coming to sing and pray for her today. Thanks for asking.
(2)

Thinking of you and family.
(2)

Oh, Mom. ((((((Hugs))))))
Play her favorite music for her. It will soothe both of you.

Were you able to get hospice for her?
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter