Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
3 4 5 6 7
I get you on the going to the bathroom thing. That is a consideration. I have couple of jump suits that I don't wear often for the same reason but I am not ready to get rid of them yet.

Personally I hope you keep it and even wear it around the house a bit to see how you can manage it before you decide what to wear it to or whether to keep it.

Looking for other gowns is good too. Why not check with dd to see what she thinks? Or any friend whose opinion you value. I can see you in it and I agree with the royalty comment.

Wow - what Dr. C. said!!! It's in my heart for you to stay in remission. That is my prayer.
(3)

Thank's Lea. It is perfect for you with all the bling but I didn't know if it would be mother of the bride perfect. I may be looking at the wrong dress anyway because the one i saw came in a bunch of colors and emerald green was one of them. My review said 4.1 stars too.
(1)

Lea,

Did they pick out the cake yet? Wedding cakes are delicious!
(2)

Not sure what Amazon reviews you're reading sp but this dress has 4 stars and does not come in emerald green. Some gals are shown wearing it with a headpiece or hood, but not me. Kaftans are popular in the middle East so....

My DD is allowing her bridesmaids to pick out their own dresses in a certain color. Hers is pretty fancy lace, but no bling.

I can never hate you, so no worries about giving your opinion. If I didn't want them, I wouldn't have posted the link and asked "What do you think?" I may wind up keeping this gown AND looking for other dresses as well, I'm not sure yet. I needed to order this one though bc it's super gorgeous and unique!
(4)

Lea the dress is pretty but seems really busy IMHO. Don't hate me for this but it seems more in line with wearing it for an ethnic themed wedding (kinda Bollywood) just based on the Amazon reviews. I would get a color that complements (doesn't have to match) nicely with your daughters chosen color palette and theme for the wedding I think I saw they had a emerald green color in the dress link. Is your daughters dress and bridesmaids dresses more simple or will her dress be ornate? In pictures you kind of want everyone to look cohesive if you know what I mean because all weddings have a theme. I would ask your daughter what she thinks about the dress too.

And I am so happy your PET scan is still showing up clean!!
(2)

Lea,

How wonderful to hear your news about your scan! Yay!
(3)

Congrats on the clean pet scan. I’m just so happy for you Lea.
(5)

First thing I read this morning, this clearing morning after a night of wild thunderstom is this GREAT news.

So apt. And I am so very happy & relieved for you Lea.

A little piece of magic.
(6)

NHWM, no worries, I helped Alva see the link.

Golden, I'm not worried about upstaging the bride......my dress is just very voluminous and I'm not sure I want that bold of a look on her day. Plus I keep thinking.....omg, just to use the bathroom in that thing 🙄

Her colors are fall colors ....rusts, oranges, greens, etc. She has not seen my dress, no.

I saw Dr C today and turned down the 2nd scheduled IVIG. I'm sick of feeling horrible for 2 weeks afterward and sincerely question their effectiveness.

He was showing me my clean PET scan and comparing it to the one last January and omg. That my own immune system was able to kill off THAT MUCH CANCER is amazing. All in 2 double treatments.

He said it's possible the cancer will not come back! I'll have PET scans every 3 months for year 2, and if they stay clean, we'll move to every 6 months for the next year.

It's all in God's hands, but it was a huge relief to hear that the cancer could stay in remission for good. Amen.
(14)

Lea, that dress is spectacular! Wear it well! Love everything about it!
(3)

Lea,

Can you put a picture of your gown temporarily on your profile so Alva can see it? Or can you tell her an alternative way to search for it? If not, no worries.
(1)

Has your dd seen it
If so what does she think???
What are her colours for the wedding?

I understand you don't want to upstage her, but, gosh, lea, with all you have been and are going through I think you deserve an opportunity to shine.

Surely, she will be a beautiful bride and shine in her own right!
(3)

Your dress is lovely, Lea! You will look beautiful!!!
(3)

Lea, your dress is gorgeous! Of course you want a showstopper.
Otherwise, what's the point? Be bold. Be beautiful. Shine!
(4)

That is pretty. Love the blue.
(2)

Thanks ladies. My issue is that this dress is a "showstopper" and I'm not sure I WANT a dress like that....or something more relaxed. I have till 2/18 to return it so I'm mulling it over 🤣
(2)

Love it, love it, love it!!! The colour, the style and the bling. Why am I not surprised that you already have earrings to match?

You are going to look amazing in it. Very well done!!! You aced it!!!
(3)

Dang, I keep trying to access your gown and can't.
(1)

Your dress is amazing!!! Love the color!!
(3)

Lea: Your gown is beautiful!! I am actually in tears for you. How wonderful. 💙💙
(3)

I had to check out your dress and it is stunning!!! You will look like royalty at your daughters wedding. And you deserve to. You've earned it.
(3)

Oh. My. Gosh!

It’s gorgeous!

I love the color and the details and the cape, and EVERYTHING!

You will look beeeutiful in it!
(4)

https://a.co/d/1Z1PExY

Above is a link to the gown. I did try it on and it's too long, but other than that, it looks great! In real life, it's identical to the picture. It has a silk column dress with sleeves underneath the georgette fabric with a tie at the waist. The top is crusted with jewels and gold beads. If you look at the video, it shows how you can see the fitted dress silhouetted underneath the voluminous fabric. I actually have a pair of dangling earrings that match the jewels and gold beadwork Exactly! 😁 Chuck loves it.

What do you think?
(4)

Lea,

I want to hear about the gown.

I’m sure it will be a beautiful wedding and that you will look fabulous!
(3)

Lea: I'm sure that your gown will look fabulous on you! What an exciting time! I'm glad that you're able to go to estate sales, but do hope that the dizziness abates.
(4)

Yes! Tell us about the color and the style! Fun! Even if it doesn’t look great! It will be fun to hear about your search and what you find!
(6)

Good for you, lea, Keep pushing forwards!!! Sore and achy goes with the territory.

Awesome about the gown. Do try it on and let us know more about it. I think you will look spectacular with all your bling.
(6)

Thanks for checking in GG. The dizziness is still pretty bad but I'm pushing past it and we're going to estate sales anyway. 4 on Thursday and Friday and the plan is 2 today. I'm sore and achy but getting back in shape is never a cake walk.

I ordered a gown online for DDs wedding and it's so gorgeous I'm afraid to try it on! What if it looks awful on me? Or doesn't fit? So it's hanging up in the bathroom ....it was stuffed into a Priority Mail bag!!!!!......getting the wrinkles out of the georgette fabric. I have to suck it up and try it on already. 😂🤣😅 Wish me luck.
(11)

My weekend check-in on you, Lea. I hope the dizziness lessened and you had a good week.
(3)

Gaaah! I’m sorry that the dizzies are back! I want so much for you to get a break FOR GOOD!

Big hugs!
(3)

3 4 5 6 7
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter