Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Dear cxmoody, you've been there since the beginning and started the discussion thread here based on my Caringbridge daily updates on Chucks progress w his transplant. And all the dramatic ups and downs of those 7 weeks. You all propped me up, truly, during an incredibly stressful time. Chuck wound up getting a donor liver in 6 days after we arrived. I guess God knew we had to get back home asap to deal with my upcoming health. The armpit lumps started in Aug (we got home 6/15) but were pooh pooched away by the docs 😑
Anyway, thank you for being a good friend and so supportive this whole time. Big hugs to you and ty for the uplifting reading, too.
(10)

Oh, dear Cyber-Friend,
You have been there for all of us, and now we will hold YOU up in prayer.

Here's the story from the bible about Moses' companions holding up his arms while a battle was fought. That's who we will be for you.

Exodus 17:12-14

12 When Moses' arms grew tired, Aaron and Hur brought a stone for him to sit on, while they stood beside him and held up his arms, holding them steady until the sun went down. 13 In this way Joshua totally defeated the Amalekites.
14 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write an account of this victory, so that it will be remembered. Tell Joshua that I will completely destroy the Amalekites.”

So. Many. Hugs.
(7)

Send, I read the survival rate for cancer patients on my 2 immunotherapy drugs after 5 years is 52%. We are happy with that number! 😁
(10)

Well this sucks. I will keep you in my thoughts. I am sorry that you are in pain
(4)

Lealonnie,
Knowing you are overwhelmed, I did not post the findings that said survival after 6 years on immunotherapy.
Just ask, but I cannot post the study on your pm privately.
(3)

My prayers are with you both, Stay strong and keep us updated!
(4)

Lea,

You’re welcome.

I do too. I have burned candles all over as well.

I have very special memories of burning candles. St. Patrick’s in NY will always hold a special place in my heart.

I was praying for child. Shortly after we came home I discovered that I was pregnant.

I think your mom is with your dad. I think my mom and dad are together too.
(2)

I don't know if dad had a favorite saint. What's weird is I haven't had one single sign from mom and she's gone 1 yr on the 22nd. Thank you for lighting a candle for me. When we traveled Europe and other countries, we'd always light a candle in all the churches we visited.
(3)

Lealonnie,
Given a 6 mos. terminal illness diagnosis, my loved one went to Mayo Clinic. She is cancer-free. Guess she needed more time to get saved.

I see miracles happening already today as we travel this road with you in prayer.

May you be comforted and unafraid, strong and braver than you thought possible. May the Lord God Almighty lift up your countenance, and give you peace. In the powerful name of Jesus, I pray.
(5)

Lea,

I don’t know if you believe this or not but a friend of mine always tells me that our loved ones in heaven can do more for us from up there than they can when they were here on earth.

She also finds dimes and like you, she saves them.

Many people have recorded the song, ‘Pennies from Heaven,’ so there must be something to finding coins. It’s a sweet song.

I believe that all who know you on this forum will be praying for you.

Did your father have a favorite saint?

I will light a candle for you. I have been burning candles since I was a little girl.

My grandmother would take me to church with her to burn a candle and pray for others.

Back then the church doors were never locked. People could drop in anytime to pray.
(2)

Thank you for such a loving sentiment
(1)

Thank you dearly Fawnby.
(2)

Thank you, from 1 N.Y. gal to another. On the lookout for dimes ALL the time! 😁
(0)

Thank you bundle. I feel lucky to be loved by my family and friends and to have a lot of support
(4)

Good thinking, GSA & thanx for the idea. God bless you on your cancer journey as well. I feel even more hopeful by others sharing their stories of survival 😘
(1)

Thank you OAINF, for your kind words.
(0)

Thank you for the comforting words, Geaton. I feel gut punched, tbh, but I feel hopeful too.
(3)

Amen sp and I agree. Thank you for your support.
(3)

Love that your Dad sent that dime just when you needed it and would know it was from him.

Praying for healing, for wisdom and direction for your doctors, for strength and a sense of peace for you and your loved ones.
(6)

I am so sorry. Prayers for you for complete healing and strength for Chuck.
(7)

Lealonni sorry to hear about your cancer. Sending you healing vibes for a successful treatment of your cancer. Chuck didn't get a liver transplant just to lose you.
(6)

Lealonnie, you’ve displayed so much kindness and been such an inspiration to others. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. ❤️
(5)

Lealonnie - you and Chuck are in my prayers. And I'm hoping you find many more dimes. Peace. Hugs, NYDIL
(3)

LL, this news is a gut-punch. That being said, there is no better time to be sick than now with all the advances in treatments and technology. I will hold you in my prayers as long as you need them.

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble, therefore we will not fear though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea”
Psalm 46

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand”.
Isaiah 41:10

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Phil 4: 6-7

May you be fully and quickly healed. May you and your family receive the peace that transcends understanding in each of your hearts.
(9)

Lealonnie1, I don't know what to say except I'm sorry this has happened to you. My prayers, well wishes especially for you but also Chuck who is still recovering.

I can't imagine the things going through your mind right now, but it's plain to see you're staying strong.

I want collective prayer to make you well again. I will be saying prayers for you.

The forum is here for you, say whatever you need to and I'm sure the continued support will be there for you and Chuck.

Sending hugs & love & prayers.
(3)

dear lea, i'm sending lots of prayers! wishing you lots of strength, and to be surrounded by love.
(5)

You've been my prayer warrior all along FG. You've never cloaked your words to me in snark, you've just been supportive every step of the way from when Chuck was diagnosed and put on the transplant list, right till today. You've followed our journey to AZ and back, and now mine. I thank you for all your support and prayers all along. Hugs to you, my friend. 😍
(6)

Thoughts of light and love. Give the hospital social worker a call. She may know of local support groups or “meal train” to bring to you. As 3x survivor myself, there are so many options now.
(5)

I've had lots of pennies sent too, JoAnn, just more dimes. And 11:11 and 1:11s on the clock, all angel signs. Which bring me comfort right now. Thank you.
(2)

A road paved with dimes...I love that! Thank you. I'll ask Chuck post if I'm unable 😘
(6)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter