Follow
Read More
4 5 6 7 8
HopeFloats what an excellent post. Thank you for that.
(2)

Lea - gentle (((((hugs)))))) and ongoing prayers.
(4)

God cannot and will not cure cancer LittleMelba. It's the same as positive thinking wont cure cancer either. That's just the reality if the world we live in. I am optomistic that the immune therapy will get Lea into remission and she enjoys more pain free years with her husband and family.
(1)

Scripture du jour:

“Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread...for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”

- Deuteronomy 31:6
(11)

I thought you were going skiing LittleMelba. This post from you is ironic since you shamed LucyBear because she doesnt want FIL in her home. You have your beliefs and I have mine. But a few posters on this thread were saying that medicene not positive thinking or diet would cure Lea. To me prayer is the same thing and that will not cure cancer either. You can say God created cures for sickness and disease but i disagree because if religious people only existed none would have been looking for cures they would have been too busy praying and trusting in God to be bothered. The world needs athiests and unbelievers who don't believe in a divine being that interferes in the affairs of men and women. I wonder how different our scientific advancements would be without them. And thats the last thing i will say about this matter regarding God and prayers so don't bother replying to my reply. And I am sorry for hijacking your thread Lea.
(2)

Lea, praying for your strength right now to get through the tasks before you. One day at a time, you will overcome.

1 John 5:4 -- Whosoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, our faith.
(6)

If this post is going to degenerate into more in-fighting, I'll just ask the MODS TO SHUT IT DOWN, for crying out loud 😑 Please either be here to offer support and/or prayers which means taking your private beefs into PMs to discuss. I'd like to read this thread and feel calm and peaceful, nothing more.

499hopefloats says, "But, when you have done the rounds and are still sick, it can be hard to hear the advice because you are tired and in pain and it sometimes translates into “you aren’t doing enough to fix yourself.” 
THIS! This is precisely why the advice to do this, that or the other is unwelcome for many. Because it suggests we aren't doing enough to fix ourselves. Which is what my Oncologist explained to me on day 1. Nothing I do or don't do will affect the outcome of my treatments. That's up to my body and God, imo.

Ty polar bear. I like to read and comment on posts here bc it keeps me out of my own head to give back a little. Spent yesterday in bed due to extreme right side pain so plenty of down time.

I'm praying for a better day today. Prayer helps ME in a myriad of ways and I highly recommend it for those who haven't tried it. Prayer brings calm and peace amidst fear. That ALONE is worth a fortune and doesn't even begin to cover the other benefits. If the world needs non believers, they are surely NOT needed on this thread to point out why prayer is a waste of time. That's a post for another time and place, not here.
(18)

Lea, I just want to send words of encouragement to you this Saturday morning. You are continually in my prayers.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that Love God, to them who are the called according to HIS purpose.

Romans 8:31 - What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

This is a mighty trial you are going through my friend. HE is with you and promised to never leave or forsake HIS own.

Peace, strength and comfort to you in The Name of Jesus, Lord and Saviour.
(9)

Lea,
I am so sorry you have had to get out your WHIP and give it a good crack. But thrilled you are strong enough to DO it!
I hope that's enough to pull any of us straggling back into line.
I'm of a quite peaceable nature, but I want to go all smash-face on anyone who would do anything that might hurt you now. Our juvenile right-fights just are so inappropriate now. I left for two months last one, but now you need us here, so I can't go anywhere.
Just to say, you want me to punch anyone out, let me know. I got your back. Sad thing is, I know we ALL have your back. We just can't help ourselves.
Your oncologist is a SMART ONE. Keep him! MY oncologist, a doctor I worked with for years before my cancer, said to me one day in the hall "So, how are you".
And, meaning it as a joke I said "OK!" pause-pause "SO far!". And he said "Don't ever let that in. Don't ever think this can get you. You have to STAY POSITIVE!".
Of course I was already angry enough at the universe I wanted to smack SOMEthing, so he got it. I pretty much backed him up against the wall and said "Don't you EVER tell me what to think or feel. Don't you ever suggest that what's trying to kill me is my own thoughts!"
Poor guy stumbled all over himself trying to backpedal, but honestly! I mean, here I was-- all those NASTY little cells trying to wreak havoc, and then there's HIM.! Just what I needed! Hee hee!
I hope all the energy we have going forward is put toward your healing. I hope you feel better today.
(7)

Thanks Alva. What you said to that assh$le of an oncologist hopefully got thru and made him a BETTER doctor as a result. Or, it went in one ear and out the other. 😐 Just bc a person, or a doctor, believes something doesn't make it true.

I feel like my bone issues (what I call The Hole in My Back) at the thoracic spine 12o'clock is def better. Same with the rib lesions causing that tremendous pain on my left side. I have no idea what's going on on my right side now......doesnt feel like the liver pain I've been getting, but further up and behind like kidneys maybe? Idk. It's just very acute and painful to move/breathe/sneeze etc. My liver panel numbers have declined again, so maybe it IS liver related.
(9)

Lea, is the decline in liver panels a good thing or bad? That is do they want those numbers lower? I am sure glad for any relief on the other areas that are improved.
(3)

big, huge hugs!!!!! filled with warm thoughts!!!
(5)

Alva the decline in liver function numbers is a bad thing. It means the therapy isn't successful AT THE MOMENT in shrinking or reducing the number of lesions and tumors on my liver. Per the PET scan, my liver has the most amount of tumors on it.
(4)

OK, Lea. Don't know what to say about that other than that you are only one treatment in, and early days, still. Thanks for the update.
(2)

This is my bookmark

This immune therapy is new to me, but like Alva says, your just at the beginning. ((HUGS))
(1)

Lea,

I’m sorry that you are still feeling funky. Hoping that you will feel better soon.

Ignore postings that upset you. Read only the uplifting messages to you.

Sending lots of love and hugs your way today and always.
(3)

Love and prayers coming from Florida.

May The Lord relieve your pain and help you sleep tonight. Also, may those liver numbers head back in the right direction!
(4)

As I read through the last 24 hours of posts, all I could think was the song by Casting Crowns, Voice of Truthy.

But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story
The Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
And the Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth

That is my prayer for you today, that you will hear the Voice of Truth. Blessed rest tonight.
(7)

If I could tell you all the miracles my family has had it would overwhelm you BUT our Lord is in the miracle business. Nothing is to great! We will pray every day for that miracle and for peace, strength and energy through it all.
(7)

I wish I could send you a book I have. It’s by Tim Keller… “Walking with God through Pain and Suffering”. His thoughts are so real and rooted. Not pie in the sky, but not the sky is falling. Very helpful in reorienting when going through something earthshaking.

One short quote… “While Christianity was able to agree with pagan writers that inordinate attachment to earthly goods can lead to unnecessary pain and grief, it also taught that the answer to this was not to love things less but to love God more than anything else. Only when our greatest love is God, a love that we cannot lose even in death, can we face all things with peace. Grief was not to be eliminated but seasoned and buoyed up with love and hope.”

Many hugs.
(4)

Lealonnie,
Some of my favorite songs are by Don Moen, and are on Youtube.

God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way, He will make a way....

More prayers, for Chuck and Lealonnie.
(5)

Scripture du jour:

2 Corinthians 4:7-9

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.  We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;  persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."

Same verse in The Message version:

" If you only look at us, you might well miss the brightness. We carry this precious Message around in the unadorned clay pots of our ordinary lives. That’s to prevent anyone from confusing God’s incomparable power with us. As it is, there’s not much chance of that. You know for yourselves that we’re not much to look at. We’ve been surrounded and battered by troubles, but we’re not demoralized; we’re not sure what to do, but we know that God knows what to do; we’ve been spiritually terrorized, but God hasn’t left our side; we’ve been thrown down, but we haven’t broken. "
(6)

499hopefloats says, "Grief was not to be eliminated but seasoned and buoyed up with love and hope.”

This speaks to the power of prayer and the beauty of faith. W/o faith and prayer, and a terminal diagnosis in hand, there would only be anger, fear and misery to contend with, no hope at all. The desire to end my life NOW would be uppermost in my mind, but it's not. No matter what happens with treatment, when I DO die, I know a richer afterlife awaits me bc life is eternal. Amen.

Ty for posting that Hope
(13)

Every day, I let out a sign of relief that you have posted, LL.

You keep posting when you can, and we will keep praying.
(9)

Your attitude is very good. Not sure what I would do in your position but I hope I have enough faith to know this world is not "it". That there is a place so much better than this. 💞
(5)

Colleen, another day I'm alive to post. I know. My son was here today. We were talking about the Sunday 4 weeks ago when I had Chuck take me to the ER. I was having unbearable pain in my left side, combined with unimaginable diaphragm pain and weakness, which prevented me (and still is) from taking deep breaths w/o pain. Every time my diaphragm expands, oh boy. My bloodwork showed an elevated DDimer indicating a possible clot which led to an abdominal CT scan w contrast. I had no blood clots, as it turned out, I was just full of metastatic cancer. We were gobsmacked. I was in so much worse shape than I'd realized. By the time the symptoms came about, they were off the charts. I thought I'd hurt my diaphragm with a coughing fit the week before. In reality, it was bone lesions all over my spine (cervical, thoracic, lumbar and sacral) causing the pain, a large rib lesion causing the pain in my left side. My entire abdomen was torn up, impeding my ability to breathe properly (setting me up for pneumonia if proper precautions weren't taken). I was literally at deaths door.

Today is 10 days after infusion 1. I was up in the family room for 4.5 hours today with my son and grandson. The back pain is manageable for the most part, but I'm lying down again now. I'll take it. The pain in my left side is 75% gone. I went from loudly wincing in pain with EVERY movement to grunting a few times a day. I take an oxy a day, most days, thats it, and cbd gummies. My son was shocked at how good i look (😣) and how mobile I was, 10 days post infusion. I had to go back to Jan 15 to recall JUST how horrible things were to see the improvement today. Thank God.

I'm sweating, fevered, chilled, no appetite, exhausted, dying of thirst and having other odd side effects suffice it to say which means the cancer is being attacked, killed, and carted OFF as waste thru my profuse sweating and infrequent urinating. The human body that God created is an amazing thing. I'm getting to bear witness to just HOW amazing right now. That a wretch like I was a month ago is even alive, never mind mobile and in a lot LESS pain is nothing short of a miracle right there.

Even teeny tiny miracles count, you know. I think I'd better keep my eye out for another dime from dad. He was right in the ER that evening.....things would be okay. And with God's help, I'm keeping that attitude moving forward, one day at a time. Tomorrow may be a horrible day, but today was a great one.

I have a waterfall (large rock one cascading down a hill) in my back open space area. A beaver came along about 11 months ago and damned up the water to where it fell below the motor and burned it out. Just 4 days ago the waterfall is back up and running again! I can lie here with the window open (65 degrees) and listen to the soothing sounds of all that water rushing down the rocks. That makes me happy.

My grandson broke one of my Willow Tree angels today. I told my DIL to just throw it in the trash. Who cares?

I think cancer (or facing death) brings a new perspective towards life with it. Don't sweat the small stuff. Be kind. Enjoy nature. Food is not as important or wonderful as I've spent my whole life insisting it was. A super clean house is not as important as I've insisted it was all these years. The dust will still be here tomorrow but our loved ones may not be. Even if you "don't know what to say" to a friend or LO whose been given such a diagnosis, find SOMETHING to say bc this isn't about you or your awkward feelings. It's about someone you care about who will benefit from your phone call, more than you'd even realize.

Thanks to all of you who have chosen to say "something" to me, and for listening to me ramble. I'm sure there will be plenty more epiphanies to come, and plenty more long winded rambles too 😁
(14)

Ramble on! We love you and your ramblings. So, keep giving us updates. We are believing in even more miracles!
(8)

I absolutely love your posts to us, Lea. I so remember when I was taking chemo and felt so punk, one day down on my hands and knees in the garden pulling weeks, muttering "one bad cell, two bad cells, three bad cells" as I uprooted them. My daughters were upstairs shouting at once another and I sat back and wondered at the lovely sounds of the girls at war. It was just so lovely to hear them bickering away where once it might have driven me nuts. I sure do agree with the different perspective on things thing. So glad to hear you feel so comparatively better.
(11)

Lealonnie, you are such an inspiration to all of us on this forum, and we are all so sorry that you're having to go through this. Please take comfort in the fact that you have folks all over this great country and world that are lifting you up in prayer.
There is power in prayer and strength in numbers, so hopefully we can be your strength when you are weak.
(7)

Lea, your last post was so very candid. Not the best word I could have picked but the only one I can think of. Your attitude is perfect. I can't say I'd be as brave. In fact I'm sure I wouldn't be. I'm a Christian and yet become fairly self pitying whenever I'm struggling with something. I find myself thinking of the name of a movie I watched recently. It was called "All my Puny Sorrows" That's how I feel about myself now when I read your posts.

You probably don't need to hear this from me but you are an inspiration. I continue to pray for you every day.
(6)

4 5 6 7 8
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter