Follow
Read More
2 3 4 5 6
Lea,

I’ve been off the forum for several days and just saw this. You certainly have my prayers for your healing and for Chuck to continue to do well. I read that you now have less pain and understand that side effects are minimal right now

Alva said it best: “Your strength and your courage have ALWAYS been a beacon to us all”
(5)

Scripture du jour:

“But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.”

-Isaiah 40:31

LL, I think of you every single morning.
(6)

Prayers for you Lealonnie, as you wait for the Lord to strengthen you.
(4)

Sunday hugs from Florida!

Are your kids able to visit? Are you up to it?

Praying as you come to mind.

Check In when you can.
(3)

Cxmoody, yes, my kids visit a lot, even if I'm in bed w my heating pad when they do. My stepson brought over all the home cooked meals last evening and we started off with Italian Wedding Soup and homemade sourdough bread. The soup was the best I've ever had. Tonight we're having pork Adobo tacos with cotijo cheese. He also brought chili, lasagna, and Shepards pie. There are doubles of chili pork and soup. What a treat. He's an amazing cook. My grandson made me a card w 10 I love you grandma hearts and stuck it in an azalea plant. My DIL parents sent over a large gift card to our favorite local Italian restaurant (they do takeout as well) so we're all set for a while.

Thank you Geaton and Send. I am waiting for the Lord to strengthen me, yes.

Peace, I am having no side effects from the treatment as yet. Thank you for your kind words! 😁😘
(11)

May the Holy Blessed One be filled with compassion for your health to be restored and your strength to be revived. 
May God heal you soon, body and soul, together with others who suffer illness. 
And let us say: Amen
(9)

Lea, is it not amazing the loving comfort we can take from a heating pad when we are feeling ill and achy? You just want to cuddle and hug the things they bring such comfort.
As to stepson it sounds like he should be in a catering business. I cannot imagine all this good food.
I hope they are babying you real good, and it sounds like they are and that you are allowing yourself the comfort, warmth and love surrounding you.
You are so in the thoughts of us all.
(5)

I read your prayer to my mother today. Although her bedsore cannot heal the message was comforting. When I arrived she asked how my parents were. Not sure who she thought I was. This is getting sadder and sadder. A few years ago she told me she thought one of the worse things would be to lose your mind and here we are.

Hospice reports her vitals remain strong but the infection gets bigger and smaller, back and forth. The cognitive issues are really getting worse.

You deserve good health and I hope with all my heart it is restored to you. Your good wishes have always meant a great deal to me.

I don't know how long a journey we have left. She can change greatly each week but it is never good. At least she is fairly calm amidst the confusion. Keep getting better.
(8)

RD, as evidenced by my diagnosis, nobody knows "how long a journey we have left". This is what we "healthy caregivers" try to convey to all the other "healthy caregivers" here on the forum who are killing themselves trying to do hands on care for super needy elders. Touche, eh? 😑

We all say how awful it would be to lose our mind. Hey, do you feel mom was aware of her diminished cognitition when she asked you how your parents are? Being unaware of something means it does not exist, for all intents and purposes, especially in this case. God bless your mom and keep her as she is now, blissfully unaware of what's going on, until He comes to take her home. I'm so glad she liked that prayer.

Sorry Alva, I'm sharing none of this amazing food and try to touch my heating pad and you'll draw back a nub 😂

Amen Barb
(6)

Lea, I was on the forum every day while I struggled with losing my Mom ( who I cared for for years) after losing my Dad right before Mom's decline. I won't elaborate, but there have been many "dark" periods in my life - trials, suffering, pain ( physical and mental). I am not certain of much from my 64 years of living on earth, but I would bet everything I am and own that God is real and He cares about us on a personal level. I have witnessed both first hand as well as seeing in others, His hand on situations that seemed impossible and hopeless. Miracles are real and happen every day. I believe God uses His people as His instruments - doctors, counselors, religious, friends, family, strangers - all to execute HIS will, comfort us when we are in the pit, and to reach down and pull us up when we have not the strength to do it ourselves. I believe prayer is powerful and when many pray in HIS name, it is unstoppable. I believe HE has you - I know God loves you and you will feel it in your journey just as Chuck did in his. Please know
everyone on this forum is not just rooting for and cheering for your healing and recovery - but BELIEVING AND KNOWING IT - with faith. Please rest, and let the people around you care for and love you - let others reciprocate the caring and empathy you always show to others ... it is your time to receive now- blessings and strength - xxxooooo , Laura
(8)

So, Lea, how do I get your stepson over here!? Lol. I covet his chefly abilities.

Hang in there, sister.
(3)

OMG!!! OMG!!!

Lealonnie, I just now saw your post. I am so so sorry to hear this awful news.

I do believe in the power of prayers. I will say a prayer for you and Chuck each night, my friend. ((((Hugs))))
(5)

Scripture du jour:

"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.'

Surely he will save you
    from the fowler’s snare
    and from the deadly pestilence.

He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."

- Psalm 91
(9)

I popped in this morning to see how you are doing, Lea. Oh my goodness, I am so blessed and encouraged by these posts. Thank you everyone who is sharing prayer and encouragement with Lea. You are speaking to more people than just Lea.

I know someone who refers to her daughter as "Chef Girl." Well, I want to refer to your stepson as "Chef Man." And Chef Man needs to keep sending you meals so we can all read about the delicious food he makes!

You are being so well loved-on and taken care of at this time of your life! My prayers for you will continue.
(8)

Laura, thank you for such an uplifting comment. I believe in miracles too. Just hoping God has one in mind for me.

GG, Chef Man also works a full time job and is a dad of a 6 year old. Super Chef Man is more apt I think 🤣😂

Geaton, another good scripture du jour.

Polar bear, I know the feeling. I just had a pretty big OMG OMG moment yesterday. Thank you for your daily prayer and also the hug.
(8)

Thinking of you today and everyday, Lea.
(3)

Heal us, O God, and we shall be healed; save us and we shall be saved, for You indeed are our praise. Lift us up and heal the wounds of our body and spirit, for You are the almighty Ruler, and You are the faithful and merciful healer. Blessed are You, O God, who heals the sick.
(11)

Prayers for you, I think you are a very strong person and will beat this. I am more of lurker but I do read your posts and appreciate all of your knowledge.
(7)

Thank you grandmaofeight. I appreciate your words 😁

So the past 2 days my body temperature has been all over the charts. I'm freezing or sweating bullets even more so than I usually do. I'm to call the nurse if my fever goes up over 100.5. Today it hit 101.7 but nothing besides the usual pain is going on, nothing new in other words. So she told me to take 2 Tylenol and wait an hour to see if the temp went back down to below 100.5. Otherwise, we'd have to go to Urgent Care. It went right down to 99.5 so that's that. The nurse said it's super common to have serious body temperature fluctuations with immunotherapy but this is a bit much. I'll call her towards the end of the week if this turns into an ongoing daily issue. I hope not.
(10)

Blessed are You, our God, Spirit of the World, who wisely formed the human body. You created it with openings here and vessels there. You know well that should even one of these stay opened, or one of those stay closed, we could not long survive. Blessed are You, Healer of all flesh, who makes the wonders of creation.
(7)

Bandy, the desired # to stay under on the thermometer is 100.5, so nobody's sure why these higher fevers are setting in from 4pm -12pm (Sun and Mon so far). It sure does wreck my sleep patterns, I'll say that. The heating pad and ice sheets are still the best pain relievers right now, with cbd gummies to ramp up the I Don't Care Factor some

Thank you and Barb for the prayers
(5)

From what I am reading on WebMD when I try to research this temp thing they do expect the temps, that they are revving up the immune system into high gear and it is going to react to anything it perceives as a threat by doing that old up temp, up pulse, up bp thing. I am glad you were able to reach the nurse. I hope this is your body hard at work and it is going to punch out those bad cells because it's in an "immune response snit". I hated taking my chemo; for me surgery was easy compared. But I tried to look at the side effects, when I had them, that if they were bothering ME I hoped they were bothering the bad cells even more.
I come here each day to check in on you woman. I wish there was a way this could be easier for you, this fight. Just know we carry you with us in our hearts and souls as we move throughout our days.
(5)

Lea,

I have always found heat to be comforting too. My husband does too. He used a heating pad often on his shoulder before having his rotator cuff surgery. Poor guy had surgery on both shoulders!

After my severe bicycle accident I did aggressive physical therapy. I had a horrible open compound fracture on my arm which required steel rods to be placed on my bones.

I loved the heat in physical therapy and wanted only that. They rotate heat with ice. I didn’t like the ice but know that it was necessary for healing.

I am glad that you are finding comfort with the heating pad. Keep the faith. We are all still praying daily for you! Many hugs sent your way!
(3)

Alva, yes, I read something similar myself. I feel so achy today, like I have the flu...par for the course, apparently. I did sleep on my left side last night for the first time in months! The rib pain has been way too intense to even LEAN on my left side, never mind sleep on it. So that felt very very good 😁
(13)

Scripture du jour:

“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- Romans 8:37-39
(7)

Wow! So good to hear that you can sleep on your side. That’s amazing-that you would be feeling a difference in your pain, already!

That and the temperature fluctuations sound to me, a complete non-medical type, like your body is responding!

Gosh, it brings tears to my eyes to think of all of us praying from all of our parts of the country!

LORD, thank you that we can bring our requests about our friend to You. LORD, Your Word says that You are her strength and her shield. We ask that you surround her with this strength, and heal her, so that she can continue her ministry to the hurting. She’s such a gift to us. We thank you in advance. Amen.
(7)

Such a privilege to carry, everything to God in prayer!
(4)

Morning Lea!
I am so very sorry to hear that you are battling cancer. But you are strong in body and mind and very smart so these things will serve you well.

Bummer that your temp is all over the place and interfering with your ability to sleep at night. I always found with the kiddos that their temps tended to spike in the afternoon so maybe that's a thing for you too.

I don't know if you're into natural remedies and "food as medicine" type of things, but one thing I know is that sugar feeds cancer so try to severely limit it. I know it is in many of our comfort foods but your ability to fight this bad boy is more important than that at this point, at least from my perspective.

Heat sounds like your best friend these days and I totally agree that it is quite comforting.

Sounds like you're already getting some relief if you can sleep on your left side already. That's amazing! I think it's a VERY good sign!

You will be in my thoughts and I'm hoping for your continued recovery. You got this girl!!!

Keep
(4)

Scripture du jour:

“For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.”

-Romans 8:24-25
(6)

againx100,

I know you mean well but LL needs to only do what her oncology team recommends.

From the Mayo Clinic:

"Myth: People who have cancer shouldn't eat sugar, since it can cause cancer to grow faster.

Fact: 
All kinds of cells, including cancer cells, depend on blood sugar (glucose) for energy. But giving more sugar to cancer cells doesn't make them grow faster. Likewise, depriving cancer cells of sugar doesn't make them grow more slowly.

This misconception may be based in part on a misunderstanding of positron emission tomography (PET) scans, which use a small amount of radioactive tracer — typically a form of glucose. All tissues in your body absorb some of this tracer, but tissues that are using more energy — including cancer cells — absorb greater amounts. For this reason, some people have concluded that cancer cells grow faster on sugar. But this isn't true."

Source: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cancer/in-depth/cancer-causes/art-20044714

Sugar gives the body energy, which LL will need. It's just a matter of how much she needs. She may already be working with an oncology nutritionist, who will give her the appropriate medical guidance.
(7)

2 3 4 5 6
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter