Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
Thank you Lea for updating us; baby yourself all you can. For me, on my chemo, the old fashioned kind, I hated the sort of copper penny taste I sometimes got.
I posted a prayer and a prayer flag for you today at my church I pass on the way to the library; this month's flags full of soft greens and look like spring. My thoughts are with you.
(7)

Alva,

My MIL would complain about the metallic taste in food when she was getting chemo. She completely lost her taste for certain foods.
(0)

Thinking of you, Lea. You’re not alone. We are all supporting you and wishing you the very best.
(4)

Sorry to hear this news. I think about you often as my mother continues to decline but seems to want to keep living. Your advice has always helped. Wishing you strength.
(6)

Lealonnie1,
I've only been on this forum for a short time but you have given me such good advise and really helped me deal with all I'm going through right now. Thank you very much for that. I only wish I could do/say something to help you in this time. I believe very much in the power of prayer and I will pray for you and Chuck. I pray the pain gets better and the cancer disappears.
(4)

Thank you everyone. Rapidswimmer, you DID do something to help, you offered me sincere words of comfort and support.

RD: ty, I'm not surprised to hear your mother The Bionic Woman is still hanging on. Heres an analogy....When I was a kid, I'd save my $ to buy small pets at the pet shop down the street. Newts were .49. It was gruesome how those newts would slither ALMOST down the drain, but I'd find them hanging on by 2 claws onto the grate. I'd have to rustle up a tweezer to pluck those guys out of the tub.

Alva I'm sincerely touched that you would have posted a prayer and prayer flag for me at a church on your route. That means a lot 😚

NHWM, no weird taste in my mouth. I'm not having chemo but 2 different immunotherapies, Yervoy and Obdiva. They are monoclonal antibodies that REV up and turn ON the body's immune system to rid the cancer and heal the diseased parts. Once the immune system is turned on, however, it can't be turned off. So side effects can be tricky. We're going for 3 more treatments, that's the goal. Immunotherapy is considered a bit gentler form of chemo, basically, and no port is needed. IV is inserted in my arm to deliver meds.

Bandy, Claire, CTTN, snoopy, thanks much for the prayers and kind words. Xoxo

And Geaton, thank you for taking the time to post such a meaningful prayer du jour.
(8)

How is sleeping going, my friend? Can you lay down with your spinal pain?

Praying that your treatment is doing its job, with minimal side effects.
(1)

Cxmoody, I can lie down on my heating pad on my back only to sleep or rest. I've always been a side sleeper but the pain and swelling on the right side from the liver, and the very bad pain on the left from cancer in the rib, makes it impossible. But if the heat hits the right spot on my thoracic spine, I'm comfortable.

No side effects so far ( it's too soon) but I feel clearer headed and was able to sit at the dinner table for 10 minutes longer than usual tonight which felt good 😍
(8)

lea - gladimhere recommends a heated mattress pad she bought this year. Would that be of any help to you? It's one she got on Amazon after returning one that wasn't good. Praying the chemo does it's job very effectively with few side effects and for good spirits for you and Chuck.
(3)

One down. You have been on my mind today. So glad you had a good meal… and a clear head. That alone can be worth it’s weight in gold:)
(4)

Lealonnie,

So sorry to hear your news. I will pray for you.
(4)

You are waking up this morning after the first of your treatments yesterday. I know you prepared yourself for this to "kick your butt" and I am praying you have one tough butt!

I am so glad for the practical help you have coming and I will pray that even more support comes your way over the coming months.

Thank you for letting us be a part of your newest journey.
(5)

Prayer du jour:

“Heal me, O LORD, and let me be healed; Save me, and let me be saved”
- Jeremiah 17:14
(8)

Good Morning Lealonnie!
Thanking the Lord that He hears our prayers.
And He will answer.
(5)

Came here first to see how you are.

I join in todays prayers for you!

🫶🫶
(4)

I'm no worse for the wear today; no side effects have occurred, and so I'm just grateful for the day as is. "What is wrong at this very moment?" Nothing at all.
That little question has talked me off MANY ledges over the years.

GG, everyone's always 'ready' for an azz kicking until it happens. Then we're crying like little girls, right? For today, all is well. Thank YOU for being a part of my newest journey. I wish it was a funner one to share, though.

I still have a clearer-than-usual head, for some reason, so YAY.

Golden, ty for the info about the heated mattress pad; I will check it out on Amazon b/c ALL types of heat or ice help my pain. My son bought me a heated vest which I wear every time I leave the house or when I'm going over to his house to see my grandson b/c it' gives me 4 hours more of the ability to sit and interact w/o needing to go into the bed. Most times.
(14)

So glad that you aren’t any worse for wear today, Lea.

I believe that your positive attitude and faith are going to pull you through this difficult time.

It is shocking when we get news likes this. When my husband received the test results that showed his positive cancer results, he couldn’t even talk about it and asked me not to tell anyone.

I respected his wishes and kept quiet. Later on, after he was able to process the information, he spoke about it with others and said that he didn’t mind me sharing it.

I am glad that you are able to share your feelings. Maybe men deal with these situations differently. My husband overall is a private person so it didn’t really surprise me that he reacted the way that he did.

I wasn’t going to push him. I wanted him to do whatever was best for him at the time that he found out about his cancer.

Catching cancer early makes a world of difference. I have known people who were in stages three and four though and beat it.

I believe that if it isn’t our time to go, then we won’t.
(2)

I can to check on you, as well, Lea, and you can know we all will. Our thoughts are with you and I am so relieved to hear this good news that you aren't feeling gobsmacked today.
(5)

Hi Lea - I am so truly sorry to hear all that you are currently going thru.

I've always thought of you as a super-star....someone with great intelligence, clarity, strength and positive energy - and wisdom. You've helped so many on this sight with your guidance and insight.

I am sending you my heartfelt prayers and positive energy for continued strength and great health and healing - I hope this will all be behind you soon for brighter days and the most positive outcome for a full recovery and the very best of health. We're all with you in spirit and praying hard!
Sending love and hugs ~
(9)

“What is wrong at this very moment?" Nothing at all.
That little question has talked me off MANY ledges over the years.”

Brilliant. I had forgotten about this bit of wisdom that you have shared, previously.

I may just make a poster-sized version!

Hope you sleep well, tonight!
(8)

Hopeforhelp, thank you so much for your very kind words. I've always enjoyed this site bc it's fun to help others AND get out of my own head (especially these days). If my experience with caregiving can help someone else, that's great. I hope your prayers for me come to fruition. Amen.
(9)

Lealonnie,
Good morning, prayers for your healing. And for Chuck. Some rest and respite for you both. God knows your deepest needs.

I decided to pray for everyone posting on your request for prayers today, a Saturday.

The British say, "Carry On". I like that. 💟
(7)

Scripture du jour:

"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

Lamentations 3:22-23
(6)

Lea, just wanted to say I am believing that you will have a miracle testimony to share for decades to come.

All things are possible, only believe!

My friend, I look forward to hearing how The Lord God Almighty moved on the scene.

Continued prayers for you.
(6)

ITRR....I just got goosebumps reading your post! I woke up drenched in sweat this morning, like DRENCHED, and it was freezing cold in my room bc I left the window open. I've been having some night sweats, but this was epic. I saw Chuck hovering over me early this morning to see if I was alright.....today is the day I should be (or could be) feeling side effects from the Immunotherapy treatment. Im ok. My sides feel better.....not the acute gnawing knife stabbing pain like it's been! I'll take it 😁

I read a post by a poster here who's dying and bitter about it (Which I can empathize with). He's saying not to give him any prattle about God. I understand a lack of faith, too, not everyone has it. But for me, I feel like prayer and faith is getting me THROUGH this overwhelming ordeal without a lot of bitterness and crippling fear. I have more acceptance in my heart for whatever He has in store for me. I'm grateful for that. I wish everyone, including our fellow poster, could find some level of comfort from God and/or faith. There's nothing else to hold onto in such a situation BUT faith!

Geaton, another timely scripture du jour, thank you.

Send, do Carry On with your prayers for all of us here on this thread 😁 I think its splendid!
(15)

Lea,

So happy to hear that the pain in your sides have subsided. I hope that you won’t have any major side effects.

Hang in there! You have angels watching over you and an entire forum praying for you.
(2)

Lea, it's a hard day, and I hope you feel better really soon, and am relieved that the pain is a bit less. I am so glad you feel comforted and loved. Know we are all with you, wanting the very very best for you, with nothing but love in our hearts for you.
(6)

HI Lea - You're most welcome. I can surely say that your insights and feedback on posts have resonated with me a lot and have always helped me when I've needed it most. May all the bountiful support and acts of kindness that you've shown to others on this site be rewarded to you now in Blessings in the most beautiful ways.

I can also tell thru your words that you're a very spirited and resilient person - and my prayers for you are to continue being victorious for the Most positive outcome! Amen.
(4)

So good you’re feeling a bit of relief today!

Thank you, Lord, for this mercy!
(5)

Thank you for your kind and comforting words Bandy. Everyone would love to have a miracle testimony to share, me #1. I hope to do just that with everyone one day. Wouldn't that be neat? 😁
(7)

1 2 3 4 5
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter