Follow

My spouse of 28 years has died. I will be grateful to this community for keeping my sanity through the vascular dementia, breast cancer, lung cancer and a third site just identified.
I was in denial, so she was only in Hospice for a week.

thank you.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Sorry for your loss, Jane.
(1)

Jane,

So sorry for the loss of your spouse. It’s easy to go into denial about someone that you love deeply.

Take time to grieve for her. Stick around if you wish to share your wisdom or gain support from others who have lost their spouses as well.

Many, many hugs for you. Take care.
(1)

This site helped me a great deal as well over the last few years.

So very, very sorry for your loss.
It sounds like you were the person that shone light into the darkness that was her dementia and other illnesses. I pray that you, too, will find light creeping back into your world.
(4)

What a nice note to get. I am so sorry you had so much to deal with, and apparently are still dealing with your own health issues. I hope you will stay around on the forum because there is so much you have to offer, including the advice not to wait too long for the extra help that hospice affords us in caring for those we care for. It is such a help. I find that doctors wait way too long to recommend it, as well. Thanks for the note. Hope we will see you on the forum.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter