Follow

I have never posted but I have been following this forum for about 2 years. My mom just died 2 days ago. She was 87. I started following this forum after my mom was put in her first nursing home and it has brought me great comfort knowing that I wasn't alone. And I've learned so much from everyone. You may not feel like a blessing to anyone, but each of you are to me.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
My deepest condolences Hunter.
I really agree: this forum is really helpful. I found good advice here and I feel "at home".
I have been talking about agingcare forum to my therapist, To friends as you are really helping me!
(0)

I definitely agree. Not only do you care for your loved ones but you take the time to give others advice/help with their loved ones. All of you are saviors to us newbies. The comfort and peace you give is such a blessing.
Thank you as well. (((((HUGS)))))
(0)

My condolences on your great loss, Hunter.

I so agree with your comments on this forum. I was in a horrible position and the people here saved my life. Mom passed three years ago but I'm still here hoping I can pay it forward.

May sweet memories of your mother bring you peace. *hug*
(2)

I've been here for years--and you wonderful people have saved my sanity more than once.

Just knowing that I am NOT crazy or that my decisions are NOT crazy or selfish has been of immeasurable support during some tough times--and I expect through tough times ahead.

We ALL need to vent, w/o judgment.
(2)

I am so sorry for your loss. My sympathy 🙏🏼
(0)

Peace to you Hunter, you are not alone 🕊️🦋

May fond memories comfort you and bring joy 🐘
(0)

I’m sorry for the loss of your mother and wish you peace and comfort
(0)

I'm glad to hear that you benefited from this forum, as a lot of people have. I hope that once you've had time to properly grieve the death of your mom, that you will perhaps consider staying with us, and sharing with others the knowledge you've learned over the years with other caregivers who are still in the throws of caregiving. It's called "paying it forward."
My husband who I cared for for many years, died 8 1/2 months ago, and I consider it a privilege and an honor to now share with others what I learned along the way. It has helped me in my grieving process as well.
I pray that God will give you comfort and strength in the days, weeks, and months ahead, as you walk through your grieving process for your mom.
(0)

Hunter, I am so sorry for your loss.

May God grant you grieving mercies and strength during this difficult time.

Great big warm hug!
(0)

It's great this forum could help. Those who are or have been caregivers can relate to those who post questions on this site and offer their own experience. You'll find advice here that you won't find anywhere else. Glad we could help.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter