Follow

So many times I'm stressed out and then something my husband says will just make me laugh. I hope you'll share some of the funny things that your loved one says or does that makes you laugh too. We need some light heart-ed stories to survive this emotional roller-coaster.Each day I'm grateful that I found this site and the wonderful people that are willing to share their experiences and things that work for them (& sometimes me!).
Here's one that made me laugh recently. He recently told me he didn't like chili, after I gave him a bowl of it. (we've been married 55 years). I said then don't eat it. He did eat it then, said it was good. Usually if I don't argue, he eats what's served and then says it's good, but I never know, what mood will hit him.
Hubby: After all these years of you making me eat "offensive" food, I think it's what made me live so long (85). I asked him what "offensive" food I made him. He replied, "Vegetables". I had to laugh & hope you do too! Start your day with a smile!!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Hi Rucabe, Welcome to AC! Yeah, I find a lot of funnies here. I actually made a file for funnies that I like from this site. I added several from this thread/discussion to my FUNNY-AC file.

If you would like more of these funnies there's another thread:
https://www.agingcare.com/questions/funniest-thing-aging-parent-said-to-you-152708.htm?cpage=1
(1)

This is the first time I've posted. Have been reading a lot and am amazed at how many experiences caregivers have in common. Had to post to thank all you for this website and,especially, for the laughs here. Love the Rock Away Rest Christmas poem. Thanks, I needed that. God Bless from a first time poster
(1)

Before my Dad died he was in a NH that my SIL is the nurse manager so one day my brother (her husband)was visiting Dad and my SIL walked by and my Dad introduced them. Well my brother just went along with it.. When she walked away my Dad whispered to my brother "watch out for that one, she's the boss"! My brother said"Don't I know it"!!
(2)

My dad lives with us, and I have some great friends who know the score. My dad asks alot of questions.. basic stuff. His normal answer is "I did not know that" always in the same tone and voice. It is now a catch phrase for us all.. we chuckle and know Dad would be chuckling too. Gotta love them!
(2)

i worked on a womans brakes last summer. instead of hanging out and helping, this idiot goes into moms house and proceeds to just simply incessantly jabber at my mom and sis. after a 30 minute deluge of it i came in and told the gal i needed a hand outside. later sis told me that when the two of us went outside mom turned to sis and wryly asked her " wheres the off switch on that thing? "
(3)

This just came in an email so I don't know who to credit, but I think it's funny and true too. Enjoy!
'Twas the night before Christmas at Rock Away Rest,
and all of us seniors were looking our best.
Our glasses, how sparkly, our wrinkles, how merry;
Our punchbowl held prune juice plus three drops of sherry.

An old bed sock was taped to each walker in hope
That Santa would bring us soft candy and soap.
We surely were lucky to be there with friends,
Secure in this residence and in our Depends.

Our grandkids had sent us some Christmassy crafts,
Like angels in snowsuits and penguins on rafts.
The dental assistant had borrowed our teeth,
And from them she'd crafted a holiday wreath.

The bedpans, so shiny, all stood in a row
Reflecting our candle's magnificent glow.
Our supper so festive (the joy wouldn't stop)
Was creamy warm oatmeal with sprinkles on top.
Our salad was Jell-O, so jiggly and great,
Then puree of fruitcake was spooned on each plate.
The social director then had us play games,
Like "Where Are You Living?" and "What Are Your Names?"

Old Grandfather Cooper was feeling his oats
Proclaiming that reindeer were nothing but goats.
Our resident wand'rer was tied to her chair,
In hopes that at bedtime she still would be there.

Security lights on the new fallen snow
Made outdoors seem noon to the old folks below.

Then out on the porch there arose quite a clatter
(But we are so deaf that it just didn't matter).
A strange little fellow flew in through the door,
Then tripped on the sill and fell flat on the floor.

Twas just our director, all togged out in red.
He jiggled and chuckled and patted each head.
We knew from the way that he strutted and jived
Our social security cheques had arrived.

We sang (how we sang) in our monotone croak,
Til the clock tinkled out its soft eight-p.m. stroke.
And soon we were snuggling deep in our beds.
While nurses distributed nocturnal meds.

And so ends our Christmas at Rock-Away Rest.
fore long you'll be with us, We wish you the best!
(2)

Sometimes my husband does not remember I am his wife although we have been married 48 years. I suggested since he doesn't remember our wedding, maybe we should get married again and he replied.... "Oh no, my wife would not like that at all".
(5)

One time my mom had to go to the ER for her blood pressure; my sister and I were with her in the exam room waiting for her to be seen when she said "I don't like to talk when I'm unconscious". My sister and I looked at each other and when they rolled her out of the room for some tests, we became hysterical, laughing over what she said...still laughing about that one to this day!!!
(3)

peed***
(0)

I have a hearing problem, hubby has Alzheimer's and mumbles a lot..
Ray: what jfut sjdim?
Me: huh?
Ray: WHAT JFUT SJDIM?
Me: I didn't understand you, what did you say?
Ray: Ummmm, I can't remember, YOU KNOW I HAVE ALZHEIMER'S!
I nearly led my pants I laughed so hard, yes honey, I KNOW you have Alzheimer's...
(5)

My mother who is always cold complains about air blowing on her. (I live in Florida and keep the air at a constant 75). We have closed the vents in her bedroom, TV room and living room.
Mom: "There is a setting that is on that box where the air won't blow at all."
Me: "You mean OFF?"
Mom: "Yes, that's it".
(4)

My mom has these tiny bumps on the cornea of her left eye. It is called Salzmans Disease. Mom complains about her vision constantly but we do not want her to have the surgery as it will require her to ware an eye patch for a week. With Alzheimer's, we see this as an issue because she will not keep the eye patch on, plus rubbing her eye will be an issue regarding infection. While having lunch on day with mom, we were trying to explain to her the situation.Sis told mom it was only one eye that was affected. Mom put her left hand over her left eye looking out...then she put her right hand over her right eye looking out...she looked at my sis and told her..."I do to have two eyes!!"
(8)

im just now recollecting the humor in this incident. just a couple of weeks before my mom died we briefly touched on the subject of maybe a pot of veg soup for dinner. i figured maybe in a little while and went to sit at the pc. in a few minutes mom came in my room and said " ive just got one question " .
this sounded like maybe the hardest question i would answer in my life.
mom said, " are you going to make me some soup or do i need to find something else to eat tonight ? " . of course i promptly made her a pot of soup, sour cream based just like she loved it.
she was late stage dementia and EVERY time she spoke you just hung on to your hat cause anything was possible.
it turned out to be the easiest question she ever asked. ( whew )
(7)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter