Follow

I'm not sure if this is appropriate to post here but I think it if helps one person then that's all that matters.

The Friendship Line supports individuals who find connecting within the community challenging - Toll Free 1-800-971-0016

The only accredited crisis line in the country for people aged 60 years and older and adults living with disabilities. They make on-going outreach calls to lonely older adults who can be depressed, suicidal, isolated, lonely, well-being checks, grief support, emotional support. The line is a crisis intervention hotline and a warmline for non-emergency emotional support.

This information was in a pamphlet from a reputable organization.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Being deaf - a phone isn’t much help - is there any other contact way? Like text, web chat....?
(1)

Thanks Jessica, This information will be a good resource for some individuals. Thanks for taking the time to post this.
(1)

Thanks for passing this info along. As you say, even if it helps only one person it’s worth it. Plus who knows who will need it down the line.

It’s important information and it’s appreciated.
(0)

Thats a very nice service Jessica, thanks for sharing it. Our local senior center has volunteers doing the same thing in our community. I already volunteered to make contact calls for them as needed. (Some people like prayers as well). Take care💟.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter