Follow

I woke up today to find grandma walking around without any pants on. I found her pants on a chair. Where's her diaper? I've search high and low. I've looked under her pillow, I've looked in the drawers, I've looked under the bed. Where is it? I might have to start putting bluetooth trackers on them so that I can find them with a smartphone.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I have to say that I love that everyone can keep a sense of humor when it comes to things like this.

Humor and resilience!

Its laugh or cry. Laughter is so much better!

And remember -
“That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
(2)

My Nana came to live with us from Wales, UK when I was about 11 years old, and over the years she began developing Dementia sx. Soon the whole family began noticing that things started going missing, jewelry, money, keys, bubblegum machine toys, and pop bottle tops, anything shiny and small, things she could easily and put in her pocket to hide away for later.

Nana would take her "booty" to her room where she would proceed to wrap up these items in napkins an tissue paper, then around and around with rubberbands, then she would hide them away in her room, under her bed, or her pillow, in her side table and dresser drawers, we would have to wait until she was out of the house or otherwise occupied so we could retrieve them, as she would never admit to taking them.

Flash forward 10 more years and her Dementia sx became so difficult that my poor old Mom (a housewife) could no longer care for her at home any longer, as there wasn't a lot of Alzheimer's/Dementia information back then, let alone community support as there is now, not that there is enough still! So after a very strange health scare and hospitalization, my Nana went to go live in a Nursing home.

In the days following entrance to the Nursing home and cleaning out her room back home, Mom and us girls found tons of those little wrapped "presents" stuffed in her suitcases in her bedroom closet, and of course we had to unwrap each one for fear of throwing something out of value, and there we found a smorgasbord of silly trinkets all tiied up in a bow.

We also found that she had sadly cut up all of the historic family photographs that could never be replaced. The diseased brain is a very strange thing indeed.
(2)

We try to stay right on top of my Mom. But...prescription sunglasses-missing for over a year. Pajama pants, no idea where they are but still has the top to them. Pair of pants? No where to be found. Could go on and on. Yet, we are still wondering, where exactly are these items? You wouldn't believe what my niece does to keep up with her. But she's a crafty little ole lady, and keeps us running in circles. Little frustrating, but gotta love it. Your grandma sounds so much like my mom. She has started changing pajamas numerous times during the night, but no clue what she does with them. Then, next thing you know? Tadaa. They just appear.
(0)

Diaper found, mystery remains. Grandma had diarrhea this morning and tried to change her diaper. She couldn't find the new ones but somehow pulled that old used one out of somewhere. I have no idea where it was. I stripped down the bed and took the opportunity to change the sheets. I looked under and behind the bed. I looked in the commode. I looked in the trash. I looked in the drawers. Nothing. Yet she pulled it out of somewhere. She must have a secret hiding spot.
(2)

Just saw the comment about the washing machine. I'm sure I'm not the only one that this has happened to (at least I hope I'm not the only one). I did wash one of mom's pull ups of course she lives in an apartment building with 100 rooms and it has a community wash room. Anyway when I pulled it out of washer I couldn't believe how great it really worked! The thing was huge! I got it out before the spin cycle and it looked like a balloon that was about to pop. The outside was still dry! I could have done a commercial! Lol
(1)

If it was close to Easter you could have added it to the Easter egg hunt lol.
(0)

At least she didn't put it on her head and wear it like a hat.👒
(2)

How about washing machine or dryer?
(0)

Between the mattress?
Thrown out the window?
In the refrigerator or oven?
Under the sink?
(0)

Oh heavens! I hope she hasn't mailed it to someone... :/

Check the bathroom and the trash? I really hope she didn't try to flush it, too.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter