Follow

My sister and I had not seen our mom in in 2 weeks. We agitated her terribly. We were asked to stay away which we did. Because we were such a trigger. Our mom placed on Abilify 2 weeks ago. I know what they say about reaching theraputic dose. Our whole family is very susceptible to meds.

My God. The difference in my mother is just unbelievable. We stayed for a long time. Laughed. Talked. The monster was not there today. I am so thankful. To the meds. And to those of you who have been through this part and were so encouraging. Thank you all, so very very much.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I’m happy to hear that. I am a nurse and have been seeing Abilify being prescribed more frequently. Thanks for the update.
While there are several effective antidepressants available it’s always good to hear of new effective therapy for depression/mental health.
(1)

The puzzle was a map if the u.s. my,mom's handwriting had fallen off, scrawly. Yet here it was strong and firm. There's a guy there, who has tried to escape more than once. And my mom is the one who talks him down. And NOW, he wants to push her around in wheelchair. She says no, but just walk beside me. He does. This is so interesting to observe.
(2)

My mom was still " in there". She has a doctorate in education. She had been working with a fellow resident, a man, whom she claims can't read. She doesn't do puzzles. But there on the coffee table was my mom's handwriting in a puzzle if the u.s. she had labeled north south east and west. She is teaching, again, apparently. We are so thankful and grateful.
(2)

YAY!!!!
(3)

Yay! This is wonderful to hear.
(2)

Yes. Indeed. Our mom was a different person. I personally took a quarter of a xanax because I was dreading this so much. It has resulted most often in tears and so much distress.

I can't believe it. Thank you all. Again. So very much.
(3)

Hooray!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter