Follow

I haven't been on this site since September 2015. My mom died that month. I'm healing, I suppose, I miss her every day. This site helped me get through the hardest 5 years of my life. Those were the years my mom lived in a nursing home suffering from dementia. I cried a lot in those years. But this website and the people here were my angels, my only help at dealing with my moms illness. I wish I had something to add to help those who are still suffering with a parent with dementia, but all I have to say is visit this site as much as possible. The people here understand and know exactly what to suggest. Thank you to all of you.....thank you very, very much.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Nora bless you .xxxxx..I guess most of us don't thank everyone often enough for the care and support so I have to say while I don't echo your situation I do echo your thanks - without this site I think I would have lost the plot over these last months
(1)

Nora, my condolences on the loss of your mom. You sound like you're doing OK.

My dad died 3 years ago. I found this site while I was caring for him in my home and this site was my salvation. After he died I came back here, much like you just did, and shared the end of my caregiving story and asked the members if they would mind if I stayed to offer support to others and I was encouraged to do so. So I'd like to pass that suggestion along to you. You said in your post that you wished you had something to add to those still caring for people with Alzheimer's. You do have something to add. You have your experience to add to this site. You have your experience.

I'm so glad you came back to let us know how you were doing and to let us know that you found comfort and support here. This website truly is a godsend. I'm so glad you found it when you needed it.
(0)

Nora, I am so sorry for your loss. This site, too has been my salvation through the caring for my mom and now post caregiving that she is in memory care. I hope that you are doing well.
(0)

I hear ya! It's been a long dark road, but at least I didn't have to travel it alone....Everyone here has been my compass..
(0)

God bless
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter