Follow

I've never posted but always followed everyone on this site. I've been through it all, like most of you. The sibling that never helps, the loss of career, moving from my home 1000 miles away, the refusal to bathe, the lashing out at me-the caregiver, the dementia, the physical decline... All of it. Mom, after her 7th fall-broken bones, hospital, skilled, assisted, time after time. I understand all of it. I get it and now mom has 2 of the most deadly superbug uti's, advanced dementia and A-Fib, we are in the end of the 4th qtr...if you happen to be into football. EVERY person on this forum has touched me and taught me. I pray for you all and I pray that more resources will someday be available to each of us who sacrifice our careers, our financial future, our health and happiness to care for those we love-even when they are cruel to us when in the state of dementia. God, or whatever/whomever you believe in-bless and keep you all. Caregiving truly is the greatest of all sacrifices.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
God bless you.  Beautiful post. Thanks.
(7)

Blessings to you, Morass.
(5)

Best wishes for the rest of the journey
(5)

What a wonderful post. May God guide you through your journey and bless you more than you could ever imagine. Thank you for sharing and for your prayers. God bless you.
(5)

Wow. The things people go through. You're not alone, just so you know. Hoping you can take care of you. Easy to say, not so easy to do though. Thanks for your post/message. I followed for the longest time before I wrote anything also. But when I did? It was a good decision. I'm not a 'social media' fan, but this website seems different. People here do 'get it'. What we are all going through. Even if the circumstances are different, the challenge is the exact same. Caring for the person we love who needs us. And figuring out how to make that happen.
(5)

Morass, thank you for posting, and I'm so relieved for you that have joined us. Please post whenever you need advice, or if you just need a great tight hug from your new friends who have been there or are still carrying on. Hang in there. {a great tight hug}
(5)

Beautiful post Morass. We are here for you. Post when you want to vent or get ideas that may help you on this road. You are not alone. I do not know what led me to this site, but I feel it was divinely guided because I have found solace in this community and I hope you do too.
(6)

Thank you for your post. I too have learned so much here and find the caregivers to be amazingly resilient people.
(5)

Hello all you dear devoted ones!I am a 90 year old Mom who lives in Florida with my husband of 72 years. We ave had our share of illness and have hired help and paid for everything ourselves.We have 3 sons and yes 2 came when my husband had his 3rd fall. I have had UTI's for 25 yrs. Please ask the Doc if your Mom can take Uribel it diminishes the pain and is not an antibiotic so it will not take the infection away. All I know is I could not take the pain and suffering any longer and wound up with C-diff and hospitalized 3 years ago. Promised myself never to ruin my children's lives by living with them. It does not work! No matter what the circumstances they will wind up wishing you would move out and give them their life back. I am now helping care for my husband and it is not easy. Just remember if you live long enough you may be in their shoes. Getting old is not for cissies!!Getting old can be a blessing or a curse. Former Philly Lady
(4)

so happy this forum exists, it helps just to read posts like the one listed above.  thanks for posting and thanks for sharing!
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter