Follow

I havent been on in a while and changed profile name an pw cuz nosey husband got on so......hubs and i own a rental property that sis n law is soon moving into and it needs work to say the least so i had father in law keep an eye on sue mainly because the toilet is on the second floor and i just didnt want to have to worry about her or the stupid dog she insists we take everywhere. Went and painted mowed etc. Well we got back to mom in laws to pick up HER mother and f in law tells us that sue TRIED TO LEAVE. SMH my heart dropped, he tells us that when he found her just outside but in the garage (breezeway) her walker laid on its side in the garage and she was sitting down on the steps. She didn't fall, but realized after she dropped her walker she wasn't goin anywhere an sat down and when her asked her what she was doin she said going home. When he told us my 7yr old laughed and so did my hubs! I got pissed however and yelled at hubs and kid and said IT'S NOT EFFING FUNNY! They just kinda looked at me like i was just a b*tch and i proceded to tell them WHY its not funny. Tht if it has gotten to the point where she only wants to be up my ** and only mine we have a very big problem. I have 2 kids 12,7 and i have lots and lots of responsibilities and cannot take her EVERYWHERE with me. I have been done burned out her dr even sees it apparently nobody else does tho. I'm forgetful moody tired find myself drinking too much and in general not wanting to do sh*t except get away from sue and i dont feel bad for it. Its been 2.5 yrs since i started takin care of her i get at most a few hrs away 1-3 time a month, its not enough! I havent had an overnight away since june. Friday i forgot to take her to get bloodwork, shes got more health issues now and is on warfarin and hydroxurea and a fall risk all the time. My question is should i start taking her somewhere more often since she has become so so reliant on bein with be and im toasted or what? I dont like the fact tht all she wants is to be home im 38 i deserve time to do whatever the hell i want away from her without worrying about her taking off. I need advice comfort whatever.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
My husband with dementia left his day health facility to come home for a televised baseball game. He simply called for transportation and walked out like he knew what he was doing, right past the reception desk, and showed up at home.

This was extremely distressing for the day program, and they took steps immediately to prevent another episode. Since hubby was not harmed in any way, I really thought the whole episode was effing funny!

I'd cut your family some slack. Some of the things persons with dementia do or say really are funny. Of course you were upset. That shouldn't mean no one else can see the humor in the situation. Laughing is usually way better than crying, when there is a choice.
(1)

Im sorry, I read this post three times and the third time gave up halfway through because I was so confused I was getting cross-eyed. We need a cast of characters with descriptions of who they are, how old they are and maybe a family tree. We also need a map of locations. Who has to be where, when and why would help as well.
(0)

Who is Sue? How old is she?

What is your Sister-in-law's name and what is her role concerning the care of your MIL?

This is kind of confusing, but it is clear that you are experiencing caregiver burnout big time. You need respite, at least. Or maybe it is time to consider a different living arrangement. In-home aides, so you can leave when you want to? A day care center? A care facility? Clearly something has to change.

BTW, your husband could get his own AgingCare account and password, sign in any time, and read posts, including yours. Just so you know.

Are you and hubby communicating about the caregiving situation?
(0)

Your post is a little confusing.

You have a rental property that your SIL, Sue, is moving into. You had FIL watch her while you went to get Grandma in law? She tried to leave?

We need more info. Your profile says Sue has Dementia. You also have she is 24? You say there is a sitter for her? Who? So what I am getting here is that you are moving Sue into a rental property and someone will be there 24/7 to watch her? The bath bothers me. She needs a walker but the bath is not on the floor she will be living? If so, how is she going to get to the bathroom?

Please clarify.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter