Follow

I moved my dad into AL. At 94, it was no longer a good idea for him to be 4 states away, living alone. There was literally no one around him for help. He would not let any agencies come in. So, I moved him to AL 8 months ago. At first, I visited him several times a week. Now, my life has become extremely hectic. Drug addicted, run away, wants-to-quit school high school son. Husband and I are doing our best. We had to have him hospitalized for anger issues. We also have a special needs daughter. Now, on top of all that, I feel guilty that I can't visit my dad more often. My son is with me almost 24/7. He cannot be trusted to be home alone. He's stolen money and things, so I can't take him to the AL home with me. I never know what's going to come out of his mouth, so I don't want to take him to visit with my dad. Although my dad has memory issues, he's lucid most of the early to mid morning day. Now, as I type this, I have just found a solution. When hubby gets home from work, I can go see my dad. alone. Thanks for listening!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Bless your heart, C47090, for all that you're going thru. I too wish you the best.
(1)

C47090
You really have your hands full. It sounds like you did the very best thing you could for your dad. I’m so glad you were able to take that step. Wishing you all the best and many wonderful visits with your dad and more peaceful days ahead for your family.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter