Follow

Mr Mendelson who brought Charlie Brown Christmas to tv and penned the lyrics to "Christmastime is Here" passed Christmas Day (he had cancer)

RIP Mr Mendelson and Thank you

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
My husband passed away on Christmas eve. He wrote childrens books under the name Professor Whimsey. With Mr. Mendelson and Professor Whimsey arriving in heaven it must be more than enchanting!
(0)

Thank you Mr. Mendelson for the memories. RIP my friend!😢💓
(0)

We have the "A Charlie Brown Christmas" CD. Every year, it's the first Christmas CD we listen to. Thank you and R.I.P Mr. Mendelson.
(0)

I was eating in a restaurant with two of my grandchildren last week, and they were telling me about watching “Charlie Brown Christmas” at their Christmas party at school. I turned away to look for something in my purse and heard the opening lyrics “Christmas time is here, happiness and cheer” in a pure soprano voice. Several people near us commented on how beautiful it was. I thought the voice came from my granddaughter, but it was my 10 year old grandson!
(0)

If people can "control" when they die do you think he "chose" Christmas Day?
That show was a yearly tradition and continues to be so.
(2)

My all-time favorite Christmas show. Has the actual Christmas message in it, and the most awesome jazz soundtrack by the Vince Guaraldi Trio. May his contribution continue to be a blessing to future generations.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter