Follow

I have been reminded, time and again, that there are certain things that are really essential to take with you when you are headed to the ER.

A recent post from someone who was VERY cold in the ER was a reminder that no matter what the outdoor temperature, having a sweater or wrap in your go bag is really important.

Another thing that I can recall is when I got a call from my very pregnant daughter that she had been hospitalized after experiencing erratic heart rhythms on the subway. I arrived at the hospital with barely any charge left in my cell phone. Fortunately, my Son in Law had an extra charging cord and plug.

I have since found, ending up in the ER myself, that the nursing station often has extra chargers, or will charge your phone if you are running low.

Since the incident with my daughter, I always carry a plug, a backup battery and a charging cord that has three tips--one for my phone (a USB C) one for a USB B and one for an I phone.

I've been in situations where I have been able to plug into the wall and charge not only MY phone but someone else's device as well.

What's in YOUR "go" bag?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Anna,

Are you in New Orleans? I see NOLA in your screen name.
(1)

Great suggestions. I’ll add a shawl/wrap to my kit. I always carry my chargers and my Kindle. ER visits can be very hurry up and wait.
(0)

Barb: I don’t have one! I have several empty tote bags and now, thanks to your comment, will pack one for ER with stuff mentioned here.
(2)

I keep an old sweatshirt in my car. My phone, I have a portable charger I can grab. It can charge a phone 2x. I have a smaller one but only good for an hour. No worry about finding a place to plug in.
(0)

I was so sorry that I didn’t have a sweater with me when I brought my husband to the ER.

I felt like I was inside of a refrigerator and couldn’t warm up.

Phone charger is important too! My daughters will blow up my phone with text if something is going on with us.

I am not usually good in a crisis. I have a friend who is great in a crisis, but she will fall apart afterwards. We are all different.
(4)

Protein snack, water, a days worth of your meds, sanitizing hand wipes and a book, plus what barb and CWillie recommend.

I know most people use devices now but, having something to do with my hands while distracting my mind is super helpful for me.
(3)

Health insurance card, list of meds, money for parking.
(6)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter