Follow

There are times when new posters who don't understand the purpose of this forum, which is to provide a safe, comfortable, non-judgmental space for posters who are or were caregivers to share experiences and techniques needed for caregiving an elder, start in with rude discourse on non- careging topics.

We need to maintain civil discourse and not get derailed into politics or name-calling. If someone provokes, go silent.

Report provocative posts.

Email the moderators and tell them not to stand for provoking posters.

Let's keep our forum polite and on topic.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Well said.
(8)

Ok Barb.
Because it is you who said it.
Ok.
I am in agreement.
(6)

Agreed!
Report to moderators of such posts.
(3)

I don’t disagree with you but reporting provocative posters and trolls to the mods has seldom worked.......is it better to email them and explain why you are reporting? Because I’ve reported some really downright nasty comments (foul language and vulgar names) and they weren’t removed.
(5)

I report the post. I email the moderators. I think the best technique of all is not to engage when folks go into political/religious or unhinged tirades.

I'm not saying these folks are trolls.

I'm saying that they are uncivil and unhelpful and don't need to be engaged with.
(9)

Tacy I find the overly religious tend to stick together and are mostly easy to avoid. The passive/aggressive and back handed comments are just part of group dynamics, I think that calling someone out usually doesn't solve anything it just stirs the pot.
(3)

Well, I said at the start of that thread I didn't want to start a gun control debate so I "unfollowed" it a long time ago. Nobody is going to change anybody's opinions there.

In my opinion the majority of the posts should be deleted and the thread closed to new comments, but for some reason the mods are extremely reluctant to clamp down on that kind of thing.
(3)

Unless one is use to political type debates [been doing those for 15 years], the ones here on the forums are a walk in the park compared to what I was use to... more like a walk in the park during a hurricane and occasional tornado. Guess it is all what we are use to.

Ah, Rawhide.... I had a major crush on Rowdy Yates. Never figured back then that Clint Eastwood would have gone onto such greatness in the movie business :) Love that voice !!
(5)

I’ve managed to miss the gun control posts, thank heavens - police frightened of guns scare me even more than ‘citizens’ with guns. I found the ‘filth’ posts really spoiled things for me, and the excuses (you don’t have to read them) didn’t square up with the nasty response I got from one starting “suitable for small children’. I’d like to see posts taken down when they are dodgy and have absolutely no ‘helpful/ likes’.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter