Follow

primary caregivers display behaviours of loved ones
caring for elders with various stages of dementia, parkinsons asked myself time and again
the couple who continues to care for each other the one diagnosed with parkinsons influences the one without
for example: losing the voice, the couple that used to chat non-stop and due to the parkinsons neither of the two ever have a conversation
even when seperated the woman of the couple who has no limitations to verbalize in conversation is very silent just like the man who is truely unable to talk due to the parkinsons

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
My husband can only feed himself with his hands. I have found myself starting to eat food with my hands that I usually don't, like bits of vegetables or meat off my plate. He also cannot speak, but hums to himself when contented. I have caught myself humming in response,
(2)

My husband struggles with depression and many chronic ailments such as Lupus and COPD. I am his caretaker, and we did okay until I was diagnosed with Parkinsons just after I retired. I had the symptoms for about ten years before I was diagnosed five years ago. The diagnosis had a profound effect on my husband. His depression worsened dramatically. I'm still doing okay---physical exercise, voice exercises, and attention to medication with a n emphasis on using as little as possible. It's manageable, and my husband is doing much better..
(0)

does this happen alot? partners with loved ones who are lving with dementia?
the first marriage i spent several years of "uncoupling"
from that relationship i learned that his habits were becoming mine
he is not demented
now working with familes who are in need of a respite worker its interesting to
observe some of the very same dynamics in relationships between married couples
the stories of real life experiences here are a real encouragement to continue to
consider the future of healthcare
a true adventure is the journey of healthcare
(0)

I'm wondering what Parkinson's behavior is exactly. Parkinson's manifests itself in so many different ways. for myself it's my left arm which trembles, I have to be careful of my balance, and my voice gets squeaky when I'm tired. I think I've had PD---very slight at first---for 14 years don't think about it very much anymore., I suppose someday I will be feeding myself with my hands and humming. my husband was depressed when he learned of my diagnosis. I do remember one evening when he started shaking, He and hime may have been unconsciously mimicking my tremor.
(0)

good questions
observations lead to more questions
answers that confuse

personally i believe there is no easy answer to this
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter