Follow

Well, we have a new set of restrictions due to our state surging with new cases and deaths.

I’m using Senior Health as a category because I don’t see one that is suitable.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Surging here too in certain areas. Our governor was on TV earlier, pointing out that CDC and State guidance on travel, masks and social distancing were pretty much the same. CDC of a Republican Administration, State government is mostly Democrats; pointed out that this ISN'T a matter of politics, it's a matter of life and death.
(3)

I am hoping that our residents will comply with the governor’s new restrictions.

We now have a modified Phase 2 plan.

A major concern is not having enough hospital beds.
(2)

I agree. It’s a pandemic, a health issue.

Hope things look brighter in NY before too long, Barb.

Your area has been hit hard.
(2)

Is there anywhere in NA cases aren't rising? Toronto just went back into lockdown and from what I'm seeing in the news Calgary and Edmonton should too. My little corner of the world is currently covid free but because there have been a couple of outbreaks in my region we are in the orange zone, the way people locally are behaving in their private gatherings it would spread like wildfire if/when it comes knocking.
(3)

I wouldn't say surging, but higher daily. This is to be expected--we simply cannot lock down the whole world. Yes, there will be deaths and that is sad, to think of losing even one person to this disease.

BUT--people, being people, are innately a little (or a lot) selfish and are tired of being told what to do.

Honestly, nobody really KNOWS what to do--but masking and frequent handwashing and social distancing won't hurt. This too shall pass.
(3)

I’m rural eastern Ohio. My husband and son are the only local cases. My husband brought it back from Wisconsin. Our governor is fairly proactive. We have a mask mandate in our county.

For those who talk about Regeneron. It is a good drug approved for emergency use. But it is not readily available - only at larger hospitals. And expensive. Like remdesivir It is not covered by health insurance. I was ready to transfer my son to Ohio State medical center, but he started recovering.
(3)

cwille,

Glad you are COVID free. Our cases seem to be going up.

Our governor asked us to scale back on entertaining others during Thanksgiving and Christmas.

New Orleans opened up their bars awhile back and cases went up.

Who knows if another lockdown will happen but so far he is trying to keep things open with stipulations in place.
(1)

Mid,

We will all be glad when it does pass!

Glad your area isn’t surging.
(1)

Bridger,

Wow, Only your husband and son, that’s interesting.

So, what happens if a person can’t afford those drugs? GoFundMe pages?

I would hate to see people who need those drugs not being able to get them.
(0)

Our area is recommending a voluntary curfew from 10pm-5am however they say it is not enforced. Hospital cases are rising.
(2)

Cases surging all across US. Over 11,000 in OH. Sadly, none of the restrictions, advisories or mandates can be enforced. Local county has "stay at home order" but airport is packed! Positivity rate from under 4 to now 8%. Testing sites have long backups. Vaccines coming soon but no one has mentioned side effects.
(2)

In my county, reported cases (but not deaths) are increasing. In the past 2 weeks, 2 friends of mine tested positive.
(2)

Can’tDance,

So sorry to hear about your friends. I hope they make a full recovery as soon as possible.
(1)

Martz,

I think more places are going to recommend curfews before too long.

Gacy,

Are you surprised by the packed airlines? I am.
(2)

The rate is upticking here in Virginia, mainly in the southern part. In northern Virginia the majority tend to take this pandemic seriously. Rarely do I see anyone without a mask.

What did irk me was the other day I went to a medical lab for a blood test for an upcoming physical. While sitting in the lobby, I noticed the Staff wasn't wiping down anything. Maybe it was because the place was busy, who knows. On their TV, the company advertisement was showing how they clean down the lobby, the door knobs, just about everything. I must have seen a dozen of people touching the exit door handle going out. I backed out the door without my hands touching it.

After that, we went to the grocery store to pick up items that aren't part of the usual curbside pickup that we use. Good grief, I felt SAFER in the grocery store than in that lab !!
(2)

FF,

That would bother me too. I just had labs done. Everything was wiped down between each patient.

Same for door handles. We can’t even use the touch screen computers to check in like before. Now, employees are signing everyone in.

I shop at Whole Foods. They do a good job with social distancing and sanitizing the store.

We have had certain stores that have periodically closed to be completely sanitized because employees were infected with COVID-19.

Awhile back when we stayed in a hotel for a hurricane evacuation they had a television on showing how they sanitized their property.

I have to say that hotel was spotless!
(2)

It was the same thing when I went to get my mammogram last week FF, they had all but three chairs blocked off in the waiting area to promote physical distancing but nobody was doing any cleaning of the change room or those three chairs, and let me tell you they seeing so many of us they were never empty, in fact there was one poor woman who had to wait for a place to sit!
(2)

cwille,

Ewwww, I am going next month for my mammogram and bone density test. This is my first bone density test. I don’t know how long that takes. Mammogram shouldn’t take too long.

I hope it will be better than what you experienced.

Sorry they weren’t up to par on their cleanliness.
(1)

I wasn't too concerned about it NHWM, but given that the clinic is located in a hospital I did find it a little bit ironic. My sister goes to a different clinic and she was handed a wipe and told to clean up after herself - I don't think I like that idea any better 😂
(2)

Cases in Massachusetts are surging.
(2)

cwille,

Geeeeeeez! 😂 What was your sister’s reaction to being told to clean up after herself?

It’s like self service gas stations. We used to be catered to, air in tires, oil checked, gas pumped, windshields cleaned, etc.

There are no full service gas stations here now. It’s all self serve!

Your sister was in a self serve clinic! 😂

New Jersey is only full service gas stations. A person isn’t allowed to pump their own gas.

My cousin decided to go see his friend in Florida during his summer vacation in college.

He had never driven outside of the state of New Jersey.

He stopped for gas in another state and kept sitting in his car waiting to be served!

Cars started honking at him. People were staring at him.

Someone finally told him he had to pump his own gas! Funny 😄!

We love to tease my cousin about it when we talk to him on the phone.
(2)

Trying,

Are most people following precautions?

Here it’s a mix. Some do. Some don’t.
(2)

Need, I don’t know people are supposed to is they can’t afford meds. I asked a clerk and she simply shrugged her shoulders.
(1)

NHWM - Most people are good about masks and distance. I am concerned over how many people are still having a large group for Thanksgiving. I am worried the numbers are going to jump even more over the next couple weeks.
(3)

Cases are rising here in R.I. Hospitals are are 97% capacity. My oldest son had it and still gets out of breath and is exhausted. Our governor is shutting some things back down on the 30th for 2 weeks. Wish people would pay attention, not socialize, wear masks and social distance.
(1)

More of the same here in the north east. My LO is being tested for a second case of Covid. She survived her first case in April.

No visits of any kind at her residence. I know they are doing their best, but it breaks my heart.

Hope all of us here are able to stay safe and healthy.
(2)

Ann,

I hope she tests negative. Will say a prayer for her.
(0)

Jada,

Yes, me too. It would help the situation if everyone took it more seriously.

Stay safe!
(1)

Bridger,

What a response, huh?

I am glad that your husband and son is getting the medication needed to help him recover. It’s still a journey for them, even with meds.

There aren’t any instant fixes for Covid.

Plus everyone reacts differently to it. I was hoping since your son was young and healthy that he could have avoided the hospital.
(0)

I get ticked! First the expansion of the scale, previously lockdown was red, then the scale overhauled since so many were red. The new lockdown is now purple.

Our positivity rate has dropped, dramatically from 23% a week and a half ago, now about 16%. Wonder if the problem could be that tests cannot be found here. People not feeling well are not going to drive 60 miles for one.

Just today, I know of three more people with it. This is the first with so many at once and many will not say anything and just go about their business. New assistant started feeling achy and headache on Sunday night, ER last night. Her hubs works in one of the hospitals. He was showing symptoms and was tested and sent home from work. She got tested today.

My office has been short one person just about all year. Just had a new assistant start a couple weeks ago. She is very helpful and competent. There are just not enough hours in the day to get the work done, and she is still is learning.

Another friend I just found out has been fighting it since November 20. Sounds like she is just starting to feel better. She said that her bones felt like they were splintering.

It is looking like Christmas will be home as well. And that is ok.

I sure hope this vaccine doesn't cause major, lengthy side effects. All the health care providers receiving it first is concerning. Technology has increased significantly in the past 100 years. What if....
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter