Follow

It's now been exactly a year since my mother passed away - I found great help and support from this forum - Its not that "times a great healer" more like you learn to accept it and try and move on - I still think about her every day and miss her terribly - even though during latter months she became very aggressive and grumpy (not really surprised) her spirit was so strong and she had an excellent sense of humour - I did some digging however and since she died of heart failure I now realise that the "end of life care" offered here in UK isnt specifically taylored towards this disease - but rather they still use the same "end of life care" more directed to cancer patients. If anyone else has had the experience of losing a loved one from heart failure then they will know how this differs - I believe however that in the USA doctors are now developing a support process designed just for heart failure/disease patients .....hope thats sorted soon.....

That said I hope all those caring for a loved one at home manage to get the help and support thats available out there (you might have to do some digging ...but its there!)

Wishes to everone involved in this forum - you are doing a fantastic job !!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Thanks for all your comments Countrymouse and polarbear
(1)

mickyc- I am glad that you are healing and moving on, I agree with you that this forum is a life/sanity saver. It is for me.

I hope better days and happier days are in your near future.
(0)

Just hugs, Micky. I think it's a very good idea to mark the day and take time out for your thoughts. Hugs again.
(1)

Thanks Sunnygirl1 for commenting :-)
(1)

I'm so sorry about your loss MickyC444. Your post is very thoughtful and kind. Your mother sounds like she was a lovely lady. I'm sure you miss you so much. I'm not familiar with the Hospice for heart patient program. Perhaps others will be.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter