Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
The "Popular Discussions" feature makes no sense to me, as it brings up posts where the last comment was years ago. I went into "Popular" instead of "Recent" discussions by mistake and ended up looking at a post from 2016, but below it was one from yesterday. Just no rhyme or reason.
(4)

I am on a lot too, but the newest first drives me nuts, back and forth and back and forth. Those extended posts and mundane, repetitive threads, I just have no interest. Same old, same old. I must be getting old and grumpy and impatient, to say nothing of intolerant. The more things change the more they remain the same.😬
(4)

I'm on here a lot so I don't mind getting the newest first, it is easy enough for me to switch if I've been away and there are several pages of new replies (but it is so quiet on most threads that seldom happens). The only time I find it a real p i t a is when people post loooong or multiple comments (like Dorker's thread), it is impossible to follow those unless you a switch to oldest first and read in order.
(2)

Yes, bring back the ON MY MIND FEATURE! I liked that!
(4)

Dear ACCM, Newest first! An example:

4) Well, back then, they fixed it! THE END!

3) Reading what was said before B A C K W A R D S (in reverse order) does not make any sense at all....

2) When the "classic" website was last updated and became really messed up I spent a lot of time.....

1) TNtechie, Thanks for bringing that up and stating it like you have......
(0)

TNtechie,
1)Thanks for bringing that up and stating it like you have.

2)When the "classic" website was last updated and became really messed up, I spent a lot of time trying to explain: Posters/users/members reading the forum need to read this like a book, page one to the last (current) page.

3)Reading what was said before B A C K W A R D S (in reverse order) does not make any sense at all. Do people start reading the last page of a book and turn backwards? At least, if they do this, the page they are reading starts out oldest to newest, then the end. Reading top to bottom, until you get to the end.

4) Well, back then, they fixed it. THE END.
(1)

The new app introduced some "features" demonstrating the development team has no clue how the app is actually used. The most obvious example is the response sorting defaulting to "newest first" without any option for a user to set a preferred sort method.

Many to most posts on a particular question are a conversation - reading conversations in reverse order makes absolutely no sense. "Newest First" may be practical for discussions with hundreds to thousands of responses; however, those posts are not the most active.

In short, the default "Newest First" sorting order is inappropriate 90%+ of the time and users cannot not override it. Every time we are forced to "resort" the responses to "Oldest First" we are all reminded of how much the new site is screwed up! Instead of abandoning this site, we might learn to live with it this most terrible feature were corrected ASAP.
(2)

On My Mind. When you tap your icon, it will take you to what I would call the 'private message' board. Here on the new site, it opens to Your Profile. In the old site, if I was to tap your name/icon, it would take me to your private messages that people post to you. When you go there, there was a rectangle box titled: On My Mind. It allows you a maximum number of characters to type what's on your mind. People who are following you, would receive in their newsfeed if you post something there. Some posters are quite humorous. Others would post how they're feeling. Or a quick note about their cat's funny moments. Or even update us of your their loved one's status. It's whatever you have on your mind.

When you want to post a new update, you have the option to keep it or delete the old message. By reading this, I can tell when a poster needs a HUG or even a congratulations.
(4)

I don't remember the "On my Mind" feature.  Where was it located?
(1)

I still can't get use to all the clicking as I prefer to read the oldest post first method, then I click back to get out of the question/discussion so I don't need to re-scroll through the question/discussion again..... [sigh]
(0)

I miss "On my Mind."  It's like you said, Send.  I just want to type what little I can on that limited space.  But it doesn't go to any of other threads but... General Topic.  But, I don't necessarily want Everyone to see it!  Like you said, just the select few whom we feel comfortable with... Maybe AC can brainstorm and put a side note beside the "On my Mind" (to post questions, please click on this link....)
(2)

Yes Ali,
We lost our minds. I had read somewhere that new posters were asking their questions on there; and would never get their questions asked or answered, so they removed that feature.

I also read (my interpretation) that if we all really needed it, that the ACCM would have it restored. I need the feature!!

I really need it, miss it, and on behalf of Veronica posting in July on Dorker's thread to report her own circumstances, unbelievable, I am requesting to have
"what is on your mind" feature back, please. Veronica, Countrymouse, and myself all used this feature. If one is following a friend, this feature reaches out to several friends at one time. It is a good thing!

P.S. I don't mean to speak for Veronica on this, she probably was using Dorker's thread as a teaching moment for Dorker.

WHAT'S ON MY MIND?
What is on my mind, and has been for awhile, is to bring back this feature.

Today, I needed to express my burned out frustrations but no thread would do.
I was so sad, upset, at the end of my rope so to say, disheartened and angry too!
But that is "Dorker's thread". See? No thread would do.

Just express it, get it out, wanting no replies or questions, needing to work it out myself.

Uffda!

Ali,
You want it back, huh?
You are very intelligent, one of the most un-daft persons I know.
(4)

Did we lose the "On my mind" posting feature or am I being daft and missing it somewhere...?
(2)

I;m getting used to it,, but I'm still not in love with it. I seem to see a lot less topics and activity
(7)

What I dislike the most is the fact that the posts appear horizontally on my phone, which makes looking at each one VERY difficult. I finally figured out yesterday that if I tap the last box ("see more") it rearranges them vertically.
(3)

I really miss the feature that gave an idea of how many posts there have been added since I last responded to a specific thread. It was a strange feature, in that I could never figure out how it was exactly calculated. Instead of the total number of responses on a thread, it would say something along the lines of gladimhere and six others have commented.

Now all we get is the total number of responses on a thread. I may be losing my memory😧 but geez I have no clue how many rsponses were on a thread when I commented originally. So, I have to go to each thread, then find my last comment, then read what has been posted since. Sometimes there are posters that have replied to a specific response so that makes it even more confusing.
(3)

All I get in my news feed are the threads I have commented on and am following (and I'm happy it is so easy to stop following now). I also get a daily email update and the newsletter, but since I'm on here every day I usually just delete the daily email unread.
(1)

First, I tried choosing ALL the topics presented on my settings.
Now, I will delete ALL the topics, and wonder if I will be getting anything in my newsfeed. It is all very weighty, imo.
(1)

Yep, agree here too. I don't want "customized" content. I just want to see the latest questions and discussions in real time on one feed on the main page (like we had before!). Then from there I can navigate to what I want to look at.

More clicks may be better for the advertisers, but in the long run a more user friendly site would create more traffic.
(4)

On the caregiver forum page the horizontal format makes it hard to read. But worse is the fact that questions are duplicated in the “needs answers” and “recent questions” and then the popular questions are up to six years old. Then in I miss Garden Artist too. Does anyone know happened to her? It appears that website is not responding to requests for changes.
(2)

I agree send, I don't want anyone choosing the content presented to me.

Igloo's multiple posts show another issue which I have had. Sometimes I press submit and nothing seems to happen, so I press submit again and again and then reload/refresh the page and find I have multiple posts. This rarely was the case on the old site, but it is regular for me now.The big X that shows when you edit a post looks like it should be a "delete" function, but I can't see that it has any function at all. I tried to delete my multiples and nothing happened.

ETA Aaah, just found out when I press submit and then the big X, it submits properly.
(3)

This is a problem for me:
"Indicate your topics of interest and we’ll customize the content presented to you"

I want the freedom to browse, not have topics "presented" to me, which excludes other things in which I have an interest.
(5)

POSTING ON BEHALF OF LUCKYLU:

luckylu
Sent a private message 14 hours ago
PRIVATE MESSAGE
Wish I could post on the Dinner thread or ANY thread.It still won't let me and Iv'e tried everything and also still no response from AAgingCare either.It's SOooo frustrating!
(0)

The # of clicks are very important if a website is needing to generate advertisers. It’s kinda like YouTube and choosing “subscriber”. Neither cost us but important for sites as far as ranking and advertisers. YT will delete those with low subscribers.

The new AC site is meh for me; design wise the colors are easier to look as it’s the “spa” color combo but the fonts absolutely suck. The white interior for fonts is just asking for ghosting issues.

Two actions I do like is that older posts are being closed to new comments and there’s a LCSW on staff.

yeah I miss GardenArtist too as she’s so knowledgeable about contracts and other legal. Hopefully she’ll come back.
Who else seems to have joined Elvis in leaving the building?

and for anyone looking for a lovely YouTube channel for music background or to sing along with, “nowhereman” is one. Nowhereman (I assume it’s a guy somewhere in N. Europe based on the comments) YTs Beatles & thier solo careers original songs with the album cover with lyrics overlay and photos. It’s all lovingly done; the ATMP songbook especially wonderful but then I’m biased to George Harrison. His Brainwashed album is wonderful solace for anyone going through a terminal illness and recent death and finding peace in it. I wore my CD out all those months my mom was on hospice.
(1)

I agree, CW. I think I miss a lot of what is going on on the forum in real time because each section is updated separately. I notice the last post in some of the "most popular" discussions is from several days ago. The old page seemed to update in real time so I could see which discussions and questions were the most current on one feed.
(3)

This is soooo much more work to get around than the old website. I understand: more clicks means more screens means more advertising space, which keeps the forum free to the user. But I hate it.
(4)

Hm, you are right Glad, I never thought to do a side by side comparison. There are 4 recent questions on the home page but they are not the most recent, and it doesn't seem to be just that the home page doesn't update in real time. I wonder how those questions are selected?
(2)

CW that is not the case. Maybe the threads do not show on the home page until they have more than a certain number of answers? Look at the questions needing responses then look at the main page.
(1)

AgingCare's home page shows the four most recent posts and links to articles and some of the other services and info on the site - probably useful for newbies but I never go there. The forum main page is where you have the option to browse frequent/unanswered questions as well as recent and popular questions or discussions.
(2)

The main page does not show the most recent activity which I think is very odd.

The only way to see recent activity that I can find is from the drop down under the menu. It would be nice to have everything show on the newsfeed page.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter