Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
5 6 7 8 9
Hi All,
This one is on me, I didn't post instructions on the day of the update. So sorry.

None of the functions or links were removed. The "new" menu is a return to the 3 horizontal lines and the same menu choices as the "classic" AgingCare site. Use the 3 lines (the hamburger) to open access to:
a. Ask a Question- direct link to the forum
b. Find Care- direct link to find all senior care options
c. Find In-Home Care- direct link to find in-home care in your area
d. Find Assisted Living- direct link to find assisted living in your area
e. Care Guides- direct link to download free care guides
f. Caregiving Topics- direct link to the topic page of all content organized by subject

A return to the horizontal lines allowed for the space to add some direct links to the header when using other devices.

If you are using a tablet or desktop device from left to right:
a. 3 horizontal lines "hamburger" opens the drop down menu
b. AgingCare logo is always a link to return to the home page
c. Find Care is a direct link to find all senior care options
d. Forum- direct link to Caregiver Forum
e. Care Topics- direct link to the topic page
f. Search Icon- opens a search field for searching AgingCare (this field is inside the menu on mobile)
g. Your Avatar- direct link to all of your profile functions

Again, my apologies for not posting the heads up sooner. -Kim
(3)

Madge the forum was moved from the drop down menu to the aging care ribbon. The menu is still in the top left directly to the right is find care, then forum and care topics and the search which is just to the left of your avatar. I had a hard time locating the forum at first too. Funny how quick we become accustomed to options being in certain places, isn't it. I still think it is some of the greens used that make it hard to read and find things sometimes. The fonts or these color of them, maybe?
(1)

Is it my iPad or did the menu disappear from the top left ?
I can't find the main page for questions and discussions - only my news feed
(0)

ok, I did it, changed my privacy settings.

Sorry you are a sickie-wickie today.

Today, we both have way too much time on our hands.

I will be changing back to privacy once you post on my wall....
(1)

Ali,
Some users set their profiles to stricter privacy settings.
Some won't even allow you to post at all on their wall.
Others want posts to them private.
AC can answer your question, but I believe it has to do with "settings".

If you want to test this out, I am going to adjust my setting to much less privacy-give me a minute.....take it for a spin, post to me a non-private message.

Fun, huh?
(1)

You can add a hug to your private messages Ali if you don't want it to be public. What we see on people's walls depends on what their privacy settings are, some don't allow much of anything while others leave everything on display.
(2)

One thing I noticed today... but I don't know how long it's been like this. On some user's profiles I can see only my messages to them, private and not private. Then on some other user's profiles, I can see everyone's public Hugs to them. What gives? This seems as if some user's accounts are being hosted by one server, others by another. Thanks.

ETA: I just thought: it could be that there is a setting to make Hugs private and I'm just not aware of this setting. Ack. Head full of cold meds and I'm on AC more than usual the past few days and noticing a few weird things that appear to be glitches... but who knows. Overall, the site is functioning, and I'm thankful for it.
(1)

Still wishing for:

1) The "WHAT'S ON MY MIND" feature ( on our wall/news feed ) to be returned.

2) The ability to delete a post or private message (that we have authored) to another member on their wall. Not even "editing" is available.
(3)

The "replies" could be to anyone on the thread from page 1 to page 1001 so IMO they are not worth looking for, if we are keeping this feature it would make searching easier if we were at least were told who the person replied to.
(1)

Still having problems with a new function. It shows on my news feed that a response was made, but going to the thread I am following, I cannot find the "reply" mentioned.

It was there, but hidden in secret replies a few posts prior.

Confusing. Too much like a facebook function. Not in favor of this.
Prefer simplicity, sequential posts in order of reply.
(1)

Ok, just saw the response. I was lost there for a minute. AC Moderators, is there any way you can let us know on this thread when new changes are made? I feel it would be helpful so we're not caught off guard.
(0)

Hi tacy022,

We released some small changes to the navigation bar and drop-down menu this afternoon. If you use the three lines on the top left of the page to expand the menu, you can click on "Ask a Question" to quickly navigate to the forum. I hope this helps!
(0)

I agree, Tacy. Mine is gone too. I have no way of seeing the most recent questions or discussions other than the ones I follow in my news feed.
(0)

Hi Tacy, the function remains the same- Ask a Question allows a member to head directly to the forum.
(1)

I just answered a question under the New Questions. It was first posted in 2011. New question, I think NOT!
(4)

A better search section (in chronological order) is needed.

Too many sections -- Needs Answers, Recent, Popular? And then there are sections for Questions and Discussions.

There are paid professionals who contribute on this site, correct? Maybe they should be the ones to answer the Needs Answers ones. I don't think the rest of us should be "nagged" to answer questions.

Once Dorker's saga is ended, I will probably only just check into this site once in a while. The new format is making it too difficult to participate much more than that.
(3)

It is 12:16 AM Central Time and CWillie's squirrel is back!! (as are all of the other beautiful faces and avatars). 😃

Someone mentioned on another post that it would be nice if the name of the original poster was listed along with the name of the person who posted most recently.  I like that idea (especially if I didn't click on the "Follow" option).  When you search for someone, the results skip around from year to year and are not in chronological order.  (Example: April 2018, June 2015, August 2018, December 2017, January 2014, July 2018, etc.)  And if you can't remember the exact question, then you can't search for it.
(1)

Yes, I stare defiantly into the face of reality and say Try me Reality, let's see what you've got!

It did try me but put me back on the shelf cause I didn't taste good.
(1)

Reality Gershun, is what many are taking a break from.
Ever heard of a psychotic break from reality,,?

Well, I do need a break, but not that kind.

You don't either. Your reality is more of a specialized version of defiance speckled with a great sense of humor.

I have learned to appreciate defiance because of you, it has helped me to lighten up about things, and post often on "Caregiver's Behaving Badly".

All respect to my friend!
(1)

Reality? What's that Send. I've been creating my own reality for years.
(1)

CWillie,
Yes, your squirrel is gone, my pic is gone.
All that's left right this minute for everyone is their letter/initial.
I trust they will fix this soon. I am not going to panic, but instead, will put my jammies on early tonight.
(1)

No worries Gershun!
The stressed out caregivers on here (includes me) are more likely to lose touch with reality before losing touch with you or the fabulous support system of the AgingCare website.

L
O
L.
(1)

OK Pammzi,
That was me, liking your post.

What about the feature (that I have experienced on my news feed:)

If you, "like" my post, the like appears with the repeat of my comment
On my News Feed, where I receive also messages and private messages.
(2)

I'd like to be able to see who "likes" my posts.. like on FB.
(2)

Yes, I have too. I was wondering if it was the site or my Internet connection. Glad it's not just me.
(1)

Has anyone else noticed something weird going on with the avatars today, one moment there are pics and then they're gone, then they're back again? 😕
(2)

Agreed, Gershun !

Cwillie, I had to really think hard to figure out what PITA stands for 😆
(2)

Well I hope that no one completely loses touch. It's so nice having nice people to converse with on here, even if we are chatting about things non-caregiving.
Even though I am not a caregiver anymore I still feel like I have PTSD from my caregiving experience and it's nice to know that when I feel the need for confirmation of my feelings or just someone to talk to that you are all still around.

So, with that being said.............:)
(8)

The clutter of years old posts can be solved by providing an additional menu option, stick all the "closed for further comment" questions or threads in the title:

"A R C H I V E D "
(3)

Just disappointed with so many new questions where someone is highly against Hospice. Yes, everyone is allowed their opinion.

I stopped answering the last long one we had on here with the previous format as hardly anyone new answering wasn't reading the previous postings where many of us were giving informative medical facts. It turned into too much of a bully session by the new posters who's first time on the website was about Hospice ... [sigh].
(8)

5 6 7 8 9
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter