Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
4 5 6 7 8
Daughterof1930, thank you for showing me the list! Wow, In never even knew (or bothered to look) about those features on the bottom of the page, I'm glad I now know about it, as there are a lot of really great articles to read there!

And Hey, while it's nice to be recognized, there are many other much more deserving contributors than little ole me, Blimey, I've stuck my foot in my mouth a ton of times and gotten into trouble too, so I'm kinda surprised I made it! How they came up with their system is anyone's guess, but I'm right there among so many good friends that I Greatly Admire, so I'll Take it, LOL! I made it into the TOP 5 Too, if there is such an order, LOL!!!! Whoo-Hoo!

And Why isn't IGLOO on that list, she is probably the #1 Most Valuable Contributor in My Book, Man oh Man, I've learned So Much from her! You Guy's are All Fantastic People, I Love You All!❤
(8)

Stacey, congrats on being loved, you’re on it! Go to the bottom on the page and look on the right side under Aging Care and then “about” After you click on “about” you’ll see Aging Care People and then “top members” and find the list with your honored status!
(3)

Where is this LIST, and am I on it? Lol! I can't find it! Waaa!
(0)

Oh my, just found the list you all are talking about of the star members! I know a couple of them haven’t posted in a couple of years, a few others have stopped since the site update. I’ve missed Garden Artist, Jeanne, and Frequent Flyer and their contributions, can’t say if they stopped due to the change or other reasons. But I do know we’ve lost a big number of contributors who were here regularly before and the site is much more cumbersome and annoying to use. Change for the sake of change is always unneeded
(6)

Ah yes,, I got dissed also...lol And how the heck did Dorker not make it? she posts numerous times a day.. for over a year now? I have never heard of some of these people and I have been a member for several years now, get on almost every day ( although not so much since the activity has slowed down so much)
(4)

Wait What? Notable Member. Where is that posted?
(1)

Haven't seen a JG cake in a long time
(1)

CM, LOL😎😎😲😉😁👣👣👣👂👂

I have to say, that was a very bad idea by AC!

Instead, without listing user names. Get some informAtion from various profiles to show the wide variety different care situations are represented here.
(4)

Oh Glad, that's much more fun! - competing to get the most reports without actually having your account closed :)
(3)

[Waking up] Uh? I've been *robbed*??? [chin wobble] or does it mean the moderators all hate me...? 😢

Since I am totally defeated by social media - for example, I accidentally liked my own project on my knitting website when I wanted to edit it, and spent the next ten minutes in a cold sweat trying to unlike it only to find I couldn't and was too embarrassed to ask the administrators how come you could like your own stuff oh the shame - I think it best I leave its mysteries alone.

More to the point, is Jeanne still posting, does anyone know?
(6)

I don't like it either CW. I think it is intrusive but maybe those there do not feel that way. Maybe numbers are weighted based on how many times you have been reported for inappropriate comments?

I do not like it at all. I think all posters responses and members are important to the success of AC. It seems a way of grading all of us, maybe even get some competitive? And didn't they stop tallying on questions or discussions for the reason of the negative behaviors some exhibit when they become competitive?
(3)

Hm, that IS really odd isn't it? And their tally of votes is definitely seriously flawed, for example Countrymouse's profile page lists over 20,000 votes and 12,000 likes yet they show only 6662 helpful answers - what's up with that?

(I have to add that the whole idea of listing top members makes me feel a little bit queasy)
(5)

That could be, Ali. Though looking at the profiles and the numbers there do not add up. Or maybe those posters are ones that have changed their user names numerous times, perhaps?
(1)

Maybe the Powers That Be at AC compiled the list from the number of "helpful answer" clicks? And some posts/comments get an unusually high number of clicks, for different reasons.
(1)

Madge, had not noticed the notable members. Now that I have looked at it, how do two people with seven and nine answers make the list? Both with roughly 5,000 likes? Something is not right.
(2)

Scroll through the about A/C page and look for notable members

I wonder how many no longer post because of the new website?

I know I miss several listed
(3)

That's a good point Ann, it IS less obvious now - look directly below your avatar on the forum home page, starting a discussion is a little easier to find near the bottom of the page.

Oh, I just realized there is a box in the banner between the question and discussion groups too.
(1)

Not a fan. I don’t know how to initiate posts, so I can’t ask Questions.
(0)

I am finding myself reading much less since the loss of the function that gave us an idea of how many posts had been added to a thread since I last commented. It is extremely irritating to have to open a thread to see if anything new has been added. So I don't open them.😕
(9)

Then I press the "post comment" button harder and have posted double sometimes, It IS a PITA.
(1)

Golden sometimes I see it there below with all the other comments but sometimes it isn't there at all until I refresh the page - I've begun to copy any of my comments that are more than a few words just in case.
(it is a p-i-t-a)
(1)

cw - I thought that, but if I scroll down I see that my post is posted but the writing/editing window is still open with my post in it. I preferred it when the window disappeared indicating that you have posted successfully. You could always copy your writings in case it doesn't post.
(1)

Maybe you need to shrink the page MsMadge? (I am iphone/ipad illiterate but that has sometimes helped me in the past)

Is anyone else having trouble knowing if their post hast gone through or not? Lately I will hit post comment but the post doesn't show up unless I refresh the whole page, of course it it didn't go through properly I've then lost it.
(2)

I'm using an iPad mini and the search icon is not in green area or the hamburger menu

on my iPhone it is in the hamburger menu, but I do not use the iPhone for this site
(1)

madge - there is a search icon 🔍 next to my avatar on the blue/green bar at the top of the page
(1)

Sorry to ask,

I am not seeing a search bar function in the menu

I see the various find topics but no way to type in my own search words
(1)

I know darn well there are privacy settings for all sorts of things related to our personal user accounts. Not sure why I was confused yesterday. I have to chalk it up to being sick and being on cold meds.

One thing I find interesting about the privacy settings, though, is that as far as I can tell, there's no way to discern what a user's privacy settings are set to, except by experimentation. If you can't click through on the "Likes" or "Votes" links on someone's profile, the user has them disabled, but you can't tell until you click them.

I understand why someone would want to have private messages, however I think that a user's activity on the forum should be public knowledge. I think it helps to give a better picture of someone's caregiving situation and general personality, and these things are important when doling out advice to otherwise strangers online.

As far as privacy concerns go, I suppose there will always be that one person who stalks someone else online, but that could be reported, and in general I think the collective here is very good about not tolerating any bullying.

I just think there are many more good reasons to keep activity public than there are good reasons to allow it to be private. This is just my opinion and you know what they say about those... ha.
(2)

Thanks Frazzled.

I found it.
(1)

If you go to the top left and click on the drop down menu, then select "Ask a Question", it will bring up the current questions and discussions. This confused me the other day too. I thought it had just disappeared.
(1)

MsMadge,

Im not sure when it happened because I haven’t been lurking here much but the site does look different on my phone also.

When I open the site my newsfeed is the first thing that comes up. There’s no questions that need answers or the row of bubbles that were below that. Newsfeed only.

Someone, Glad maybe, mentioned something showing between “find care” and avatar. On my phone there is nothing there.
(0)

4 5 6 7 8
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter