Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
3 4 5 6 7
I still get my daily email (not that I read it) and all the threads in my news feed seem to be updated in real time CM.
(1)

With the new format I'm finding that I don't see new questions and posts for several days - anyone else?
(2)

I have slowed down to a major crawl on writing on Aging Care. First, the change over in format... I had known the old format like the back of my hand [age spots and all]. So many of the new questions I can no longer relate.

Second, my free time has now been devoted to climbing the family tree, over 2000 people now and still shaking limbs. It was been so fascinating :)
(9)

I know that when the website was updated, my computer got the "hiccups" and sometimes it "burped" when I was typing or looking at the updated website.  Maybe some of the people who have not been commenting are having computer problems and that is why they have not written as much as they used to.  Just a thought.
(2)

Whine away, Gershun
we're listening
(2)

Apart from the "LIST" I'm still disappointed that so many members have stopped posting as much. While I'm not an active caregiver now since my Mom died I still enjoyed some of the non-care giving related banter that we had on the whine thread etc.

I understand why I'm not on the top contributer list cause I'm not American and can't converse intelligently about American medical costs etc. But I have always tried to offer emotional support which is needed no matter where you reside I would think. Ah well, such is life.
(10)

I saw a Facebook meme that said, "Relax, we're all crazy, it's not a competition!" I thought, how true, especially for us caregivers lol. You know the list is probably some sort of algorithm, run by a bot. I agree, it's pretty goofy.
(8)

If you’re not a top member, does that make one’s comments less valuable? Or if you are a top member does that mean only top member opinions count? I foolishly believed when I signed on that it was to provide support caregiver to caregiver not a competition. But, I’m new so what do I know.
(3)

It does seem there's been some reshuffle of the list which I too think is odd

I only brought it up originally as I stumbled across it when I was trying to find a way to contact administration since I lost the search bar
(1)

I still think it is silly, goofy, Stacey and very unnecessary.
(5)

Stacey, I guess I just don't care enough..............LOL!

Hmmm, what should I say about this..............

Nothing! I still don't care! :)
(3)

Cwille, your On the Top Members List!!! Congratulations, you deserve it!!!

Gladimhere Ahmijoy, you are on the LIST Too! Congratulations you Made It!!!

Sorry Gershun, I guess you are just Too Baaaaad, but don't feel bad, I got the Boot! LOL!
(5)

Well at least you've still got the screenshot Stacey. 😂
(3)

Hey Hey! I see that the TOP MEMBERS LIST has Changed, and I'm No Longer on It, Waaa! Lol!

It appears that they have now rotated New TOP MEMBERS into the List, which is Good I think, so now other Great and Supportive Advisors will get the Accoldes they Deserve!

Now, if this is the way in which they are going to give the Attaboys to our Beloved AC Members, then I think the List is a Really Nice idea! Anyhoo, I still have my SCREENSHOT to remember My time on the Top Members List, LOL!
(3)

Still waiting...for changes to the site and A RESPONSE FROM AC!
(1)

Wonder if AC will respond to this.
(3)

I’m a new member, but think a list of top members is a bit much.
(5)

True confession, my first thought when I saw a potential naughty list was, there have been a few I wish I could place on it 😜 Like any family, there have been a few nuts in the tree!
(2)

CM

you rank #14

look under About Aging Care

https://www.agingcare.com/aboutus/topmembers
(1)

I got a SCREENSHOT of the List, I guess my work here is Done! Lol!
(3)

Well I've looked and I'm buggered if I can find this alleged list. What use is it supposed to be for, anyway?

Maybe they could have a Naughty Corner in the News Feed - Brat Posters get their avatar put there for 24 hours. Race anyone?
(5)

Who? Me?.............................................:)
(4)

Gershun

I say you'd be top brat on that list 😆👏👏👏
(2)

I don't think there should even be a list but thank-you just the same Stacey.

I don't like being on lists..............:)

If there was a list of the brattiest on this site maybe I should be on that list?
(4)

Gershun, Gladimhere, Ahmijoy, you all should definitely have been on that list, as you have been some of my biggest mentors on the AC for Years now!

I think it's better to receive those accolades from your peers at the time with "LIKES" anyhow! I know that I always feel good when one of my famous long-winded posts get read and "LIKED" a whole bunch! Lol! I know I'm WORDY!
(7)

I’m not on the Top Members list either. 😪. Kind of disappointed, but oh, well....I’ve heard from a few posters that my answers have really helped them and that’s really all that’s important.
(5)

Stacey, and here was just beginning to be jealous of you because you were on the "Top Members" list and I wasn't. I guess you are ok after all.😉 LOL!

The list is one of the worst ideas I have seen since the launch of the new and improved website. LOL! I don't think it was on the old site.
(7)

Gershun, I agree, it's a silly list!
(3)

"They're making a list, checking it twice..." Sorry, as I read about "the list", I couldn't help but think of Santa! lol
(6)

I have to agree that this list was a mistake. Those who aren't on it should not feel slighted though cause just like beauty is in the eye of the beholder...............it's all a matter of perspective and someone's opinion.

Social media is flawed to begin with. I had hoped AC was above rating and comparing people. Just the other day on the news they were discussing how too many people judge how well they are doing on any given day by how many likes they received. Ridiculous!!!

I would say if you made "The List" or if you didn't, it shouldn't matter either way. In fact it doesn't.
(6)

3 4 5 6 7
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter