Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
glad...Yesterday I had problems when "Tech difficulties" came up and I couldn't get to my Newsfeed,so I went to the searchbar and typed in stuff like "Caregivers behaving Badly" and "My whine Moment" and a few people and all that came up so I could still continue to write and post.Maybe this would work for you too.
Today though,I'm back in business thankfully.Good luck~
(1)

Site acting up today! Or is it my kindle?
(0)

So glad to see Recent Forum Activity back on the my News Feed page, Thank you.

old sailor - you can choose to see "Newest First" or Oldest First". Look to the right of "Comments" where it says show "Oldest First" and a down arrowhead (V) Click on the V to make your choice.
(3)

Not really. The answers to questions are backwards. I don't like reading from the back of the book to the front. The first answer is somewhere near what should be the most recent answer.
(0)

Great improvements -- thank you!
(2)

All in all great improvements! Much less cumbersome too navigate. Now if I could just type as fast on my tablet as I can on my typewriter.😉
(2)

Thanks for bringing Recent Forum Activity! I just happened to stumble it tonight as I kept scrolling down from my Newsfeed. 😊👍

p.s. I know it was brought up earlier but I didn’t take the time to find where it is.
(3)

Another thread resurrected that has been dormant since April.
IMO 180 days is way too long to wait before closing a thread, anything that hasn't been active for 3 or 4 months isn't likely to be still relevant - if someone wants to post updated info they can always start a new thread and post links to the old one.
(2)

Oh, thank goodness!
(2)

I'm with MountainMoose and I'm glad about this list version too.It is easier and clearer.Thanks a lot~
(5)

Thank you for going back to the lists version! It's so much easier and I find I study the list more.

Others below mention the "Discussion" and "Questions" sections. Is it possible to get rid of those and just have one list? I don't care if it's a question or a discussion; I just look for topics that are interesting, pertinent, or something I can contribute to or help with.

Thank you for this change.
(4)

While reviewing NEW FORMAT #2, I notice that there are at least 5 "Discussions" listed under "Need Advice" that have been there for over 4 hours and have ZERO or 1 comment.  Is it because the original poster put their post under "Discussions" when they should have put them under "Questions”??? Or did these postings get overlooked on the NEW AC website?   Some of these sound familiar so I don’t know if they were also posted in the “Questions Forum” also and that more people commented on those postings.

“What to pay part-time caregiver who boards?” 0 Comments / Posted by Lcc9515 on Oct 6, 2018

“Caregiver of my mom. This week I see a big decline in memory. She's not aware that she's confused.” 1 Comment-- Oct 6, 2018

“Are there agencies that help low income persons with veterinary care and supplies for their pets? I live in MO” 2 Comments--Sep 25, 2018

“The human side...” 0 Comments /  Longhaul Posted Sep 22, 2018

“Nursing home called me this morning why I have not made the payments yet. I'm doing all I can.” 0 Comments /  Coneal7876 Posted Sep 18, 2018
(1)

I like the page. On my iPhone the tabs for recent activity, most popular, needs answers are on top of page. Much easier to navigate..thank you
(0)

In the forum area, thoughts about listing questions and discussions side by side? I do like the list better, haven't check on my phone yet.
(1)

I hope the new format is working for our mobile device users - any comments?

I've noticed that the AC articles don't seem to have a place to make comments any more - the links will tell you there are XX# of comments but once you go to the article there is no sign of them.🤔😕
(1)

I like the list view better. I think that's the way it was on the home page with the old site. Easier to follow discussions and see most recent activity imo. I'm also glad the AC moderators let us know of the changes being made beforehand this time. It lets us know what to expect rather than just logging in and seeing something different.
(4)

🤔I think AgingCare is doing their bit to fight dementia by keeping all their uses learning new things🤣
(6)

That means the conversation balloons are leaving, i think. Now thinking about it the place they are usually seen are in comics. Makes me wonder because certainly nothing really humorous about caregiving.
(0)

Hi All,
I wanted to alert you to a change in the Caregiver Forum format that we hope you will be very happy about. We are returning to a list form as the primary page. When you enter the forum, you will no longer have to click into Recent, Popular, or Needs Answers in order for the questions and discussions to present as a list. We’re providing that view as your first step.

The categories will remain the same; Recent, Popular, and Needs Answers. How you choose to sort those lists will be presented clearly at the top of the list of questions and discussions. 

As clarification:

Recent Activity is any recent activity, regardless of the age of the question or discussion. Questions and discussions that have been inactive for 180 days are closed for further comment. Until that time, they are open for continued interaction and will return to the recent activity feed when someone posts to them.

Needs Answers is a category developed to ensure new questions don’t get lost amongst the recent feed. Thank you to everyone who has used the Needs Answers list to ensure new caregivers receive the answers and advice they are seeking.

Most Popular continues to be the questions and discussions that have received the highest number of interactions. Especially in the discussion category, it is where our loyal members catch up with each other on care, relationships, and even what’s for dinner. There are ongoing discussions here, so you’ll see the largest numbers of answers and comments in this category.

We wanted to let you all know in advance of the change; the release is scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday) morning. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for all you do in support of family caregivers.

-Kim
(4)

OK, what is going on with so many new questions being posted as discussions - is there something different in the layout that I'm not seeing on my PC?
(1)

Earlier after the switch the admins were adding unanswered posts from the discussions topic to the needs answers list but I've noticed they haven't been as diligent about that recently - it would be nice if we were able to flag the original posts for their attention, not just the replies. (Especially for all the ones that are inappropriate)
(2)

I think it was an Anne Fine book that had a character in it, a mother, whose rule for whether or not to say something was whether it met two or more of three criteria: True, Necessary, and Kind.

I'm tempted to add a fourth, Funny; but you have to watch that one. It can lead you gravely astray.

So I tend to use the Anne Fine criteria for Helpfuls; but just do Likes if I like the comment. Which often means if I think it's funny.

PS Oo crikey it might have been Deborah Moggach. Will have to try to remember the book and search shelves...
(2)

I admit that I usually click for the person who posted if they are someone I like, but if someone writes a really good post I can relate to and is intelligently written I'll definitely give them a like.
(2)

Sometimes there are posts I really like ALOT and I wish I could press "Love",instead of "Like".
It would be neat if there were Happy and sad faces to press too,but ofcourse,it wouldn't be good to be negative in any way,so I guess just Happy faces would be good.
(2)

DeeAnna,
I confess, wanting to encourage others, I am a clicker.
Not single-handedly though. People even want to criticize others for "liking" every post, so damned if you do, and damned if you don't imo.

Unless I get internet soon, there will be much less clicks/likes. However, I read each post before I click "like".

Soon, I will be back, clicking like a monkey 🙊 .

It is just too too very hard on a cell phone, imo.

P.S. CWillie....I did that, I clicked thumbs up just now.
🌺🌸🌼🌷🌼🌸🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🌸🌺💕🌷.

P.S.S.
I never click like on a troll, except by mistake.
(1)

Sometimes in the conversational threads a like or helpful answer is meant to show support or to acknowledge something that was written, but generally when I'm on the forum I try to refrain from using it unless I really strongly agree or think it was the best or a very helpful answer.
(And sometimes I've wished I could vote thumbs down👎, but we are already too much like social media as it is🙄 )
(3)

I have noticed that not as many people are clicking on "Helpful Answer" or  "👍" or "🌟" as they used to.

Just Wondering:
How do you define "Helpful Answer"?
How often do you click on the "Helpful Answer" ICON without commenting on the posting? 
Do you also click on the "Helpful Answer" ICON when you comment on that posting?
(2)

Hey Everyone, Our favorite cake decorator is BACK!!!!!! (AKA jeannegibbs🎂)  So glad to see you.  😃 💖 🙌
We have missed you and your wonderful advice!
(7)

Yes thanks.
(1)

(0)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter