Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
SDO, you are Rude, Rude, Rude! If you dislike this site so much, why come here at all? Do us all a favor, and just Don't!
(5)

How did this happen?

On the current site, in my profile, I have:
I am caring for my mother, living at my home and the primary ailment is alzheimer's / dementia.

The new site says:
I am caring for my mother, living in my home with osteoporosis.

Haha. Very strange. I wish my mother had osteoporosis instead of Alz.
(5)

I am on the new site at the moment. I need an AAA Tripik to find my way around :P

One thing I noticed, I cannot expand lengthwise the comment box so that I can see a whole post should I need to write a long one, which occasionally I will do. Yes I see the bar that moves up and down.

On the old website forum, I could grab the bottom right corner and pull the box down as long as I want, thus see the whole page of my writing without the scrolling. I was able to do that using FireFox, but not with IE.

Darn, I just noticed when I do hit the POST COMMENT, it flips the other postings to the "newest one first".... that just messes me up, I want it the way I had originally set it as "oldest first". Just more use of the Mouse :P
(3)

I see Shaking was at it again.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but if this site is so offensive, no one is keeping you here. You were here several years ago, got banned more than once and came back under different names more than once. (Yes, a few of us remember.) You behaved much the same way back then as you are doing now. You post some useful, helpful things - but then you go off like you just did here.

Enough is enough. Knock it off. Either play nice on the site with others, or make a graceful departure. But don't keep insulting, accusing and being generally nasty with people whenever the mood strikes you.
(6)

I "like" that this is a secular website, if I wanted to be told my problems are all in god's hands and that everyone is praying for me instead of getting practical advice then I would seek out a different site. Pagans, Wicca, Muslims, Jews, Sikhs, atheists et al all share the same caregiving problems.
(7)

I kinda miss Capt
(4)

Secular Pagan website?? What??? I also think my IQ is higher than room temp,, but what do I know? "Kumbaya girl scout camp for abandoned caregivers",, What?? I find the people on here to be honest for the most part.. we all seem to realize who is scamming and setting people up, and most honestly seem to want to help others.
(5)

Shakingdust, I would loooove to get paid to post on this site, but I’m sorry, except maybe the moderator, no one is paid. Posters, can you imagine getting paid for all our posts?

I’m not sure how high my IQ is, but apparently not high enough to avoid hurting people’s feelings at times. I have spent a lifetime learning how to be more empathetic and kind and not to say the first thing that comes into my head - even if it’s true! I used to think I had a touch of Asperger syndrome, but now I believe it was extreme self-centeredness. God, in His mercy and grace, has been healing me of that!

Since posting online gives us the opportunity to think before we “speak”, I sometimes ask God to direct my words so as to do the most good. Your last angry rant (because you know that is what it was) came from a place of hurt and it touched me.
(2)

Well, Shakingdust, I wondered how long it would be before you began the tirades that brought so much friction to this forum when you were here last. And now it seems it's started.

Some of us do remember you, the hostility and contempt you displayed, the discourteous treatment of other posters, the ranting as your post above displays. And I also remember how often posters suggested that you leave b/c you were so disruptive.

I could go on and on, but I want to reiterate by quoting your last comment above:

"out of respect for those of us here with IQs higher than room temperature..."

Your insults disparage all the sincere posters who ask for help as well as those who provide it.

I am puzzled though. You criticized posters and this site the last time you were here. Yet you returned. Now you're criticizing again. If we're that offensive, why are you still here?
(6)

Polar Bear, I agree totally. I. Have a IPone 8 and accessing new web site on IPhone is more difficult.

I hope current site is easier for to use.
(1)

Luddite that I am I don't have a smart phone so I can't compare, but I thought the whole point of the changes was to make the site more compatible with current trends in how people access info on line ie on their phones.
(2)

The new site does not work well on my smart phone which I use more often to access agingcare. All the buttons and the ads are so big which means I can only see a few things at a time on the screen. It's a struggle to nagivate. Oh well, I suppose i won't frequent the site much after it switches to the new format.
(2)

Once again, here I am, over on the new aging care website.
This time Gershun, can I have real butter on my popcorn trail?

AgingCareCM,
Did the tech people forget to change back the "return to classic website?"

Help me, I am lost, but in a beautiful sea green and turquoise format. Maybe I will stay here.

However, I really really need to "unfollow" a few threads, or conversations, and the unfollow function was not working any longer on the classic site.
(1)

Hi all,
Thanks for your recent comments and questions regarding the move toward the new AgingCare. We are on track to transition to the new site soon, and as we go we have been making updates to include your feedback. We anticipated making the full transition to the new site this week, so we disabled the "toggle" to the preview site. Many of you have requested we bring it back, so we are working right now on reinstating that feature while we finish the transition. Each week ends with updates to address issues you all have found. It is really important to continue to let us know if you find any "bugs" related to our updates. Until the toggle can be pushed back into production the new site is alive and well at
https://preview.agingcare.com
See you there soon ;-)
(2)

I bookmarked the new site so I have a link in my browser, I'm not sure I could get there otherwise. I spend time on both sites, that way I can use the features I like best on each.
(2)

I much prefer the new format. I only occasionally go back to the "classic" to check a new poster's profile. Somehow it seems to show up on the old format first. I know that won't be the case when there is only one format!

I LOVE being able to sort questions by newest first, oldest first, or by most helpful. It is surprising how helpful that is!

I like that the search feature is visible at the top of the page and not hidden in a menu.

Once upon a time serif fonts (the classic format) were considered easiest to read. New research suggests the sans serif fonts (new format) are generally easiest to read on screen. I find the new format font clean and easy to read. Mine doesn't have a blue background, though.

There is a "follow" button on each question post.

I don't access AC from my smart phone, so I don't know how that works.

I was pleased to be able to move my profile picture around, to get what I wanted in the circle. PolarBear, that is the fix for your headless bear!

I'm not sure I understand what the complain is about advertising. Could someone point out a specific example?
(4)

ff, when "helpful answers" is selected only the top ten are shown.

I'm automatically signed in when open AgingCare, so I don't know how it works if you aren't signed in.
(1)

How do you get to the new website?
(1)

Cwillie,
Gershun will leave you a popcorn trail if you cannot find your way back to the classic site.

I know, they are allowing all the good people on the new site, and the bad ones stay here.
(2)

I'm reading this from the new site. Hm, maybe they are making upgrades, or maybe getting ready to consolidate?
(1)

You're right! It's not there anymore.

Maybe...hopefully... perhaps ... Agingcare people reconsidered and decided to leave well enough alone. I for one prefer the current site and format.
(4)

So, has anyone noticed, there is no longer an invitation to preview the new website?
I was so looking forward to getting a new selection of "Hugs".
(2)

It might have been only showing "Helpful Answers" if you weren't signed in FF.
(1)

This morning when I went onto Aging Care current website forum, I noticed on the forum home page that one post said it had 17 answers... but when I clicked on the post I found only 10 answers.

Then I noticed I wasn't logged into the site. So when I did that and went back to the post in question, there were the 17 answers. Was this a hiccup in the software or the norm as I use to be always logged in.... now the software logs me out when I leave the website.

Now it makes me wonder if someone using the website forums for the first time and who forgets to sign in, thinks no one had answered their question. So they sign in and posts the question all over again.
(1)

I'm not experiencing what you are Treeartist, everything seems to be working as I expect it to 😕
(1)

Just found another glitch. So I’ve scrolled across the questions to the arrow for new questions in which they appear horizontally. If I am on page 4 or 5 and I click on a question to read it, clicking the back arrow takes me to a blank page. If I click it again, I go to the first page and I have to go through all those questions again to get to the bottom where I can choose (if I can remember) what page I’m on.
(3)

My son left for the Artic on Wednesday. Will be there for 3-1/2 weeks. He working on tracking glacial melting. He’s the project photographer.
(2)

PolarBear's avatar reminds me of one of those emotional movies with children and animals. A father flying in the Arctic suffers a crash; his Arctic hardened children go out in search of him after rescuers are unsuccessful in locating him. Along the way, they meet up with a charming, very social and people acclimated baby polar bear, who with his animal instinct helps them find their father.

The baby bear is soooo cute and charming.
(3)

For advertisers, new site is eons better.
If that is the long view of what AC is geared to become, I’m off.

And polar, I cannot look at your avatar without thinking “bear dating site” Foto.  Tinder for bears.  
(3)

As for realizing you need to log in in the midst of typing a reply....
open the site in a new tab and log in there, then when you go back to your original tab and when you post the comment you will be logged in. Voila!
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter