Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
For some reason, spellcheck keeps turning itself back on in my kindle. Hubs just fixed it.

Gershun,
The good thing about caregivers is that a little (or a lot) of frustration is not going to chase them away, imo. True though, more frustration is not needed.
(3)

The spell check is set up in my browser, which is why I thought the problem was something on my computer. Since FF is having the exact issues as I am I think it must be a software compatibility thing or something like that... way over my head.
(2)

Cwillie,
Thinking I have read somewhere that after 180 days a thread will be closed to new comments.
Surely, contacting the ACCM could help reactivate a thread?

My computer has a spell check, and now I learn the website has a spell check?
Those two little demons must be having a fight to the death, as now I am having to correct every few words! Confirming, YES, spell check is a problem.
(2)

I just popped over to Discussions to see if any of the old ones were closed - they are. I think they have to have been dormant for a certain length of time before they become closed (which may be a problem for seldom used threads like "Grossed out and need to vent")
(2)

Oh, I thought I was the only one having problems with spellcheck - mine does the same thing FF!
(1)

What I don't like about the new care site is it seems like it's scaring off all my favorite friends on here. Please don't leave favorite friends! :(
(7)

I know I was glad when some of the older questions weren't accepting any new postings..... but what about the "discussion" section? There is one old discussion that really needed to say good-bye.

Another thing I had noticed. Strange, about the spel check. As you can see the word "spell" is wrong, I did that on purpose, the software underlined it in red but that red line went away when I did another misspelling on another word. I usually don't proof-read until I am through. Thus, only the last misspelling will be underlined. Oops, that's not good, as my fingers have a different dictionary then my brain :P
(4)

Back on here today and it seems I'm getting a bit more comfortable. Hope it keeps getting easier -- maybe it's me?
(4)

I find it confusing too
(1)

AC Administration, you need to make the AVATARS and Posters Names Bigger and Bolder Colors, as they Are Very hard to read, Please!

Also, where do you make the print larger? I saw it somewhere, that you can do this, but for the life of me, I cannot find it! Thank You!

Otherwise, I am slowing getting the hang of it, using a Samsung Galaxy tablet.
(3)

I find it confusing. Glad I joined before it started or I would have felt lost. Slowly getting a bit the hang of it but stayed away for several days as I didnt want more head spinning in my life. Most of us have this to a degree so any more confusion isnt helpful.
(5)

FF, just open agingcare again in a new window and do your searches from there.
(1)

Ekkkkk.... on the old format I could start posting in the comment-box and before posting the comment I could use the "search" mode to find an article so I could post that into my comment, or click on the original writer's profile to refresh my memory.... then return [by use of the back=arrow] and finish my comment to post.

Well, that feature is gone :(

Ok, I know I could cut & paste my comment to hold and return it to the comment-box, but I also need to cut & paste the www for the article link.... can't do both at the same time.
(0)

So far I don't have a problem with the new site. Mind you I don't post as often as I once did since my Mom passed three years ago. If I see a question where I can offer some help based on experience I will but otherwise I just chat with friends I've made on here.

If I was new to this site I think I may have more of a problem navigating this new site though. It was easier and more direct finding things on the old site in my opinion.
(4)

I'm working on getting used to the new format. Any change is always hard, but it is often worth it if you persevere.

I do dislike so much "white space". I liked seeing more threads on one page, so I could more easily pick ones I wanted to read. Just lots of wasted space.
(3)

Realtime, you can see the questions and discussions in a list by clicking the blue "Recent Questions" "Recent Discussions" etc
(0)

I hate being able to see the headings of only four questions/discussions/etc. at a time.
(5)

No
(0)

staceyb, what I do to make the print larger... I am on the regular keyboard desk top... hold down CTRL and take the mouse and roll the wheel.
(1)

And I hate to keep mentioning adblock etc in case the Admins get the idea to circumvent it... yes, it is available for mobile devices.
(0)

Stacey, at first it wasn't showing up for me either in Firefox but it was there in Edge, now it shows up in both browsers - just below the question I can see Unfollow Share and AA.(although the difference isn't very dramatic)
(0)

Come on guys, it's going to take a while to get used to the new site, but it can be done! I'm still getting used to it, but I'm finding my way! I still can't find the button that makes the text (print) larger though, any idea?

HANG IN THERE! DON'T GIVE UP! KEEP FIDDLING WITH IT! NOBODY QUIT NOW! YOU CAN DO THIS! ❤❤❤❤❤
(5)

NO!!!
(3)

First, I would like to say that I think this forum is a good site to learn from, but to me, there are some things I would like to suggest on the "new" site.

I would like to see the name of the OP, the date they began, and specifically to AD how long from the beginning of symptoms to the end (asking for a friend - just kidding, seems that I have no friends). But I do think my first 2 concerns are relevant.

If there are any questions, please let me know. And if I have any more suggestions, I will make them.
(2)

I use a Samsung Galaxy S7. The new site is just not compatible with my phone. I can't use the new site.
(2)

Has anyone else compared her/his PMs on the original site to those on the new site? I've done it twice, and discovered that the PMs I deleted here were NOT deleted.

Even though the new site apparently wasn't operational in 2015, those PMs were NOT deleted.

They're still in a Messages section, WITHOUT the delete function.

There are PMs all the way back to 2015.

I've never been on a site that didn't allow users to delete private messages. So, why are our private messages being saved? For some purportedly legal purpose? That wouldn't fly because everything would be on the AC server.
(3)

I like that it is flexible whether you see oldest or newest first, but it seems to always revert to oldest first whenever I sign in, so changing to newest first is really no different than going to the last page (which is what I had been doing anyway).

I also come to the old site when I want to quickly see all the activity over the last several hours, and I like my news feed better too because it tells me how many recent comments have been made so I know whether or not I've missed some.

All in all I can't say that there are any great improvements with the new AgingCare that couldn't have been handled just as well or better by tweaking the old site, it seems like it's just change for the sake of change.
(6)

I prefer the OLD Forum as you can look back 4-5+ pages and find posts that were written just 2 DAYS AGO and either no one answered or only one person has answered; and you are able to get that post at the "head of the line" so that others can see it.

On the NEW FORUM, after viewing only 10 postings, you HAVE TO GUESS WHICH TOPIC someone might have recently posted on. Or you have to CHECK EVERY SINGLE TOPIC each time you visit the website to see if anyone posted or commented on that topic recently.

I also like to be able to go back 2-3 years and review what other posters wrote so that I have a better understanding of their situation or background.

I DO AGREE that if a post is OVER 1-2 YEARS old AND no one has posted on it for at least 2 months, that it should be closed to NEW postings. I have found NEW postings with NEW PROBLEMS written within the last 5 days that were added to OLD postings (that are 2-5 years old). But since the NEW postings had been posted on OLD POSTINGS, the NEW problems are not/were not being addressed or commented on by other people.

I also prefer the COULMN list of posts instead of the three (3) balloons posts per page on the NEW Forum. And I prefer that the OLDEST comment be FIRST and the NEWEST comment be LAST so that I know what has already been said (like the Old Forum).

If I hadn't seen this posting on the OLD FORUM previously, I would have had NO idea that this posting existed if I was only using the NEW FORUM. I PREFER the OLD FORUM.
(6)

So, Shaking, you still haven't explained why you spend time on what you consider a "technical joke." I'm sure your "talents" and "skills" could benefit another forum which meets your "standards."

And on your way, please get the medical help you need.
(7)

Good Morning!
I wanted to post here this morning for two distinct purposes:

1. To thank everyone for your reports of issues with the new site. We are reporting each issue to our tech team for evaluation and bug fixes. Please continue to use the forum, or our feedback form to let us know when you experience a disparity between the functionality of the classic vs. new site. You have been very helpful through this transition process.

2. To remind all members of our Member Comment Policy. We rarely step in to intervene on threads, however we will do so if a member's comment is intended as a personal attack. Information relevant to the post will remain, however as per our policy any personal attacks and threatening language will be removed. Respectful disagreement and debate are welcome here, but ultimately our goal, and I believe yours too is to support our mission of providing answers, resources, and support. Thanks for your understanding and the role you all play in supporting other caregivers in need every day.

https://preview.agingcare.com/aboutus/member-comment-policy

Please continue to use this thread to post issues you have related to user interaction with the new site. Thanks!
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter