Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I don't like it either CW. I think it is intrusive but maybe those there do not feel that way. Maybe numbers are weighted based on how many times you have been reported for inappropriate comments?

I do not like it at all. I think all posters responses and members are important to the success of AC. It seems a way of grading all of us, maybe even get some competitive? And didn't they stop tallying on questions or discussions for the reason of the negative behaviors some exhibit when they become competitive?
(3)

[Waking up] Uh? I've been *robbed*??? [chin wobble] or does it mean the moderators all hate me...? 😢

Since I am totally defeated by social media - for example, I accidentally liked my own project on my knitting website when I wanted to edit it, and spent the next ten minutes in a cold sweat trying to unlike it only to find I couldn't and was too embarrassed to ask the administrators how come you could like your own stuff oh the shame - I think it best I leave its mysteries alone.

More to the point, is Jeanne still posting, does anyone know?
(6)

Oh Glad, that's much more fun! - competing to get the most reports without actually having your account closed :)
(3)

CM, LOL😎😎😲😉😁👣👣👣👂👂

I have to say, that was a very bad idea by AC!

Instead, without listing user names. Get some informAtion from various profiles to show the wide variety different care situations are represented here.
(4)

Haven't seen a JG cake in a long time
(1)

Wait What? Notable Member. Where is that posted?
(1)

Ah yes,, I got dissed also...lol And how the heck did Dorker not make it? she posts numerous times a day.. for over a year now? I have never heard of some of these people and I have been a member for several years now, get on almost every day ( although not so much since the activity has slowed down so much)
(4)

Oh my, just found the list you all are talking about of the star members! I know a couple of them haven’t posted in a couple of years, a few others have stopped since the site update. I’ve missed Garden Artist, Jeanne, and Frequent Flyer and their contributions, can’t say if they stopped due to the change or other reasons. But I do know we’ve lost a big number of contributors who were here regularly before and the site is much more cumbersome and annoying to use. Change for the sake of change is always unneeded
(6)

Where is this LIST, and am I on it? Lol! I can't find it! Waaa!
(0)

Stacey, congrats on being loved, you’re on it! Go to the bottom on the page and look on the right side under Aging Care and then “about” After you click on “about” you’ll see Aging Care People and then “top members” and find the list with your honored status!
(3)

Daughterof1930, thank you for showing me the list! Wow, In never even knew (or bothered to look) about those features on the bottom of the page, I'm glad I now know about it, as there are a lot of really great articles to read there!

And Hey, while it's nice to be recognized, there are many other much more deserving contributors than little ole me, Blimey, I've stuck my foot in my mouth a ton of times and gotten into trouble too, so I'm kinda surprised I made it! How they came up with their system is anyone's guess, but I'm right there among so many good friends that I Greatly Admire, so I'll Take it, LOL! I made it into the TOP 5 Too, if there is such an order, LOL!!!! Whoo-Hoo!

And Why isn't IGLOO on that list, she is probably the #1 Most Valuable Contributor in My Book, Man oh Man, I've learned So Much from her! You Guy's are All Fantastic People, I Love You All!❤
(8)

I have to agree that this list was a mistake. Those who aren't on it should not feel slighted though cause just like beauty is in the eye of the beholder...............it's all a matter of perspective and someone's opinion.

Social media is flawed to begin with. I had hoped AC was above rating and comparing people. Just the other day on the news they were discussing how too many people judge how well they are doing on any given day by how many likes they received. Ridiculous!!!

I would say if you made "The List" or if you didn't, it shouldn't matter either way. In fact it doesn't.
(6)

"They're making a list, checking it twice..." Sorry, as I read about "the list", I couldn't help but think of Santa! lol
(6)

Gershun, I agree, it's a silly list!
(3)

Stacey, and here was just beginning to be jealous of you because you were on the "Top Members" list and I wasn't. I guess you are ok after all.😉 LOL!

The list is one of the worst ideas I have seen since the launch of the new and improved website. LOL! I don't think it was on the old site.
(7)

I’m not on the Top Members list either. 😪. Kind of disappointed, but oh, well....I’ve heard from a few posters that my answers have really helped them and that’s really all that’s important.
(5)

Gershun, Gladimhere, Ahmijoy, you all should definitely have been on that list, as you have been some of my biggest mentors on the AC for Years now!

I think it's better to receive those accolades from your peers at the time with "LIKES" anyhow! I know that I always feel good when one of my famous long-winded posts get read and "LIKED" a whole bunch! Lol! I know I'm WORDY!
(7)

I don't think there should even be a list but thank-you just the same Stacey.

I don't like being on lists..............:)

If there was a list of the brattiest on this site maybe I should be on that list?
(4)

Gershun

I say you'd be top brat on that list 😆👏👏👏
(2)

Who? Me?.............................................:)
(4)

Well I've looked and I'm buggered if I can find this alleged list. What use is it supposed to be for, anyway?

Maybe they could have a Naughty Corner in the News Feed - Brat Posters get their avatar put there for 24 hours. Race anyone?
(5)

I got a SCREENSHOT of the List, I guess my work here is Done! Lol!
(3)

CM

you rank #14

look under About Aging Care

https://www.agingcare.com/aboutus/topmembers
(1)

True confession, my first thought when I saw a potential naughty list was, there have been a few I wish I could place on it 😜 Like any family, there have been a few nuts in the tree!
(2)

I’m a new member, but think a list of top members is a bit much.
(5)

Wonder if AC will respond to this.
(3)

Still waiting...for changes to the site and A RESPONSE FROM AC!
(1)

Hey Hey! I see that the TOP MEMBERS LIST has Changed, and I'm No Longer on It, Waaa! Lol!

It appears that they have now rotated New TOP MEMBERS into the List, which is Good I think, so now other Great and Supportive Advisors will get the Accoldes they Deserve!

Now, if this is the way in which they are going to give the Attaboys to our Beloved AC Members, then I think the List is a Really Nice idea! Anyhoo, I still have my SCREENSHOT to remember My time on the Top Members List, LOL!
(3)

Well at least you've still got the screenshot Stacey. 😂
(3)

Cwille, your On the Top Members List!!! Congratulations, you deserve it!!!

Gladimhere Ahmijoy, you are on the LIST Too! Congratulations you Made It!!!

Sorry Gershun, I guess you are just Too Baaaaad, but don't feel bad, I got the Boot! LOL!
(5)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter