Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
4 5 6 7 8
I miss "On my Mind."  It's like you said, Send.  I just want to type what little I can on that limited space.  But it doesn't go to any of other threads but... General Topic.  But, I don't necessarily want Everyone to see it!  Like you said, just the select few whom we feel comfortable with... Maybe AC can brainstorm and put a side note beside the "On my Mind" (to post questions, please click on this link....)
(2)

I still can't get use to all the clicking as I prefer to read the oldest post first method, then I click back to get out of the question/discussion so I don't need to re-scroll through the question/discussion again..... [sigh]
(0)

I don't remember the "On my Mind" feature.  Where was it located?
(1)

On My Mind. When you tap your icon, it will take you to what I would call the 'private message' board. Here on the new site, it opens to Your Profile. In the old site, if I was to tap your name/icon, it would take me to your private messages that people post to you. When you go there, there was a rectangle box titled: On My Mind. It allows you a maximum number of characters to type what's on your mind. People who are following you, would receive in their newsfeed if you post something there. Some posters are quite humorous. Others would post how they're feeling. Or a quick note about their cat's funny moments. Or even update us of your their loved one's status. It's whatever you have on your mind.

When you want to post a new update, you have the option to keep it or delete the old message. By reading this, I can tell when a poster needs a HUG or even a congratulations.
(4)

The new app introduced some "features" demonstrating the development team has no clue how the app is actually used. The most obvious example is the response sorting defaulting to "newest first" without any option for a user to set a preferred sort method.

Many to most posts on a particular question are a conversation - reading conversations in reverse order makes absolutely no sense. "Newest First" may be practical for discussions with hundreds to thousands of responses; however, those posts are not the most active.

In short, the default "Newest First" sorting order is inappropriate 90%+ of the time and users cannot not override it. Every time we are forced to "resort" the responses to "Oldest First" we are all reminded of how much the new site is screwed up! Instead of abandoning this site, we might learn to live with it this most terrible feature were corrected ASAP.
(2)

TNtechie,
1)Thanks for bringing that up and stating it like you have.

2)When the "classic" website was last updated and became really messed up, I spent a lot of time trying to explain: Posters/users/members reading the forum need to read this like a book, page one to the last (current) page.

3)Reading what was said before B A C K W A R D S (in reverse order) does not make any sense at all. Do people start reading the last page of a book and turn backwards? At least, if they do this, the page they are reading starts out oldest to newest, then the end. Reading top to bottom, until you get to the end.

4) Well, back then, they fixed it. THE END.
(1)

Dear ACCM, Newest first! An example:

4) Well, back then, they fixed it! THE END!

3) Reading what was said before B A C K W A R D S (in reverse order) does not make any sense at all....

2) When the "classic" website was last updated and became really messed up I spent a lot of time.....

1) TNtechie, Thanks for bringing that up and stating it like you have......
(0)

Yes, bring back the ON MY MIND FEATURE! I liked that!
(4)

I'm on here a lot so I don't mind getting the newest first, it is easy enough for me to switch if I've been away and there are several pages of new replies (but it is so quiet on most threads that seldom happens). The only time I find it a real p i t a is when people post loooong or multiple comments (like Dorker's thread), it is impossible to follow those unless you a switch to oldest first and read in order.
(2)

I am on a lot too, but the newest first drives me nuts, back and forth and back and forth. Those extended posts and mundane, repetitive threads, I just have no interest. Same old, same old. I must be getting old and grumpy and impatient, to say nothing of intolerant. The more things change the more they remain the same.😬
(4)

The "Popular Discussions" feature makes no sense to me, as it brings up posts where the last comment was years ago. I went into "Popular" instead of "Recent" discussions by mistake and ended up looking at a post from 2016, but below it was one from yesterday. Just no rhyme or reason.
(4)

That discussions section is a total waste of time. That stuff has been on there for years. Especially that grossed out my mother’s using my toothbrush as a hairbrushpost. I agree about the toooo long repetitive posts like the Dorker thread. How much do we need to hear poochie’s meds and the unresponsive SIL and DH. I think it’s pretty well established they are not going to do anything.
(3)

Is there a step-by-step guide or tutorial to using the new website anywhere? I can't figure it out.

I don't see posts from many regular posters who have come to seem like old friends. Where are Jeanne Gibbs and Garden Artist and Guestshop Administrator? Have they stopped posting or is there some reason I'm not seeing their posts?

I'm really confused.
(3)

You're not going crazy, JG has been absent from the site, the other two have posted in a very limited way since the changeover.

for a tutorial check here:
https://www.agingcare.com/discussions/all-members-are-invited-to-try-the-new-agingcare-438344.htm
(1)

As for the popular discussions - I find it a convenient way to find threads like what's for dinner or gardening as therapy that are still active but aren't posted to every day. The grossed out thread is still active because some of the people who were there at the start use it occasionally to touch base (plus every once in a while Cuz posts some killer jokes there😉)
(2)

Thanks, Cwillie.
(0)

Who am I?
where am I?
(3)

I saw a recent post from GA so maybe she'll be back
(1)

THANK YOU, Aging Care. Now the "oldest first" is automatic on the questions/discussions when I view them :))

Anyone else noticing if their viewing is automatic to how they like to the read the post, oldest first or newest first?
(2)

FF
the sort feature isn't working for me - newest first

invariably the newest post will be somewhere in the middle of the page
(1)

I have mine set for newest first, I just scroll back until I find the last one I read.. and it's easy for me,, because like others have mentioned. There just does not seem to be as much traffic these days. I used to relax after work by getting on here and I could spend an hour or more going through things.. now I am done in a few minutes.. unless I log onto Dorkers unending thread! And I only do that to see how that poor young man who got shocked is doing.
(0)

I do not understand the attraction of the never ending saga thread. I do not have the time or energy! Those that have the patience, more power to you! I don't!
(4)

Oldest first is working for me! Hooray! As it should be. Thank you, AC.
(2)

Pam, I agree. Not much traffic. Same old questions they keep recycling over and over. And the never ending Dorker saga. And some old posters who have left since the switching to the new site.
(3)

Come on people, Everybody deserves a chance to vent on here and be heard! Let's be fair now!
(7)

Yes, everyone has a right to rant but most people on here occasionally go to other threads and inquire how others are doing. How would it be on here if we all just started our own thread and just ranted about ourselves ad nauseum.

It would be nice if said person would come up for air now and then. Just saying.............but hey, it's a free country. If the moderators think it's alright then so be it. Live and let live and all that great stuff. :)
(4)

Be careful what you wish for, Gershun.
(2)

Thanks for letting me know that we can do the 'Oldest first.' I've been updating those threads that I'm following to do this.
(0)

I don't see the problem with Dorker's thread -- many of us find it fascinating and also rewarding because, thanks to the support of posters, Dorker has made a LOT of progress in setting and keeping clear boundaries with her MIL.

It's the main reason I keep coming back to Agingcare.com. The new format has made it just cumbersome enough to discourage me from participating in many other threads. I may post in a new thread, but it pretty quickly becomes obvious if the poster just needs tea and sympathy (usually the case), or is actually going to make the hard changes to either improve their caregiving life or give up their caregiving life.

I only post in a certain kind of thread, though. I don't have any experience or interest in the nuts-and-bolts threads at this point (the ones discussing what type of equipment to use, for example), so I can't speak to them.
(2)

Until the change in website there were more questions, more posts. I had seen mention of the Dorker thread, but never read it. I’ve read all of it now. It’s long. I hope the plane takes off for IL and all is well and that Dorker doesn’t give up her boundaries. I read a website on pain issues that’s pretty good.
(3)

4 5 6 7 8
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter