New AgingCare website - do you like it? - AgingCare.com

New AgingCare website - do you like it?

Follow

I did a tour of the new Agingcare website and I don't think I like it.

First and most important, my head got cut off in the profile picture, only the torso is showing. That's not very nice. At all. Looks are very important, even to a polar bear. It took me a long time to pose for that picture. haha

Second, when I see an interesting question or discussion, and don't have any relevant answer or comment to add, but would like to read what others have to say, I can just click "Follow" and that tread will appear on my Follow list. The new Agingcare website doesn't have it. Why? That feature is very useful for a newbie like me.

Third, I prefer the large blue font type of the old site. Much easier to read. The new site has light smaller font size on a light blue background. Not as easy to read.

Whoever in charge of Agingcare website, can you fix the above?

Thanks

Comments

Show:
1 3 4 5
Agreed, Gershun !

Cwillie, I had to really think hard to figure out what PITA stands for 😆
(1)

Well I hope that no one completely loses touch. It's so nice having nice people to converse with on here, even if we are chatting about things non-caregiving.
Even though I am not a caregiver anymore I still feel like I have PTSD from my caregiving experience and it's nice to know that when I feel the need for confirmation of my feelings or just someone to talk to that you are all still around.

So, with that being said.............:)
(6)

The clutter of years old posts can be solved by providing an additional menu option, stick all the "closed for further comment" questions or threads in the title:

"A R C H I V E D "
(1)

Just disappointed with so many new questions where someone is highly against Hospice. Yes, everyone is allowed their opinion.

I stopped answering the last long one we had on here with the previous format as hardly anyone new answering wasn't reading the previous postings where many of us were giving informative medical facts. It turned into too much of a bully session by the new posters who's first time on the website was about Hospice ... [sigh].
(7)

One positive addition to the forum is the category for posts that need answers, anything with less than three replies can be found there and the only questions that go unanswered seem to be unanswerable.

The popular questions and discussions are just a PITA, they clutter up the page and some are closed or no longer relevant.
(8)

It's still tough for me to navigate on the iPad mini

on the main page, the same threads seem to be repeated under the different headers and late at night in bed, I just don't have the desire to scroll through long enough to find something

the old A/C had a more user friendly experience and I wonder if new posters have questions that no one ever sees
(4)

CW, Right about some threads. It seems No one posts on the gardening thread which I used to enjoy. I could post a 10 screen whine about my health problems, but I don’t. I don’t want to think about it or bother anyone else with all of the issues. The only caregiving I’m doing now is myself and I’m not very good at doing so.

As as far as the Dysfunctional stuff. I sympathize with everyone. I’ve been there, but prefer to keep it in the rear window. The key players in my family dysfunction are deceased and I won’t resurrect them willingly. Dysfunction tends to be the gift that keeps on giving.
(4)

I get that Ali, most of the people who have been here the longest are no longer caregivers or like me their situations have changed, it can be hard to relate to those still in the thick of things. And the conversational threads have waned too, newcomers seem to post once or twice and disappear.
(3)

I find I'm not on AC much since the site change. A good part of it is that -- my own life is moving a different direction, away from thoughts about caregiving and elders. And I'm not seeing that many discussions or questions where I feel I have meaningful input.
(4)

The Q&A on the main forum seem to be all about hospice, money or dysfunction, none of which I can comment on. I still check in often but don't stay long.
(6)

1 3 4 5
Related
Questions