I am 23 years old taking care of my grandfather for 11 hours a day 5 times a week and can not work outside of the home due to having to watch him. I was wondering if there is any way I can get help with bills that are getting behind in my own home. I live in Ga and cant find any information. Can someone please help.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
If you live in California you may be eleigible for some pay from IHSS

some other states have it too. Your grandfather would apply for help and then he can select you as his person, and you apply and will be paid by the state twice a month.
The max hours are 193, but unless he needs tons of help, (eating, bathroom, showering) you won't get that but many people get 40-90 hours so that certainly helps. Each county has a different pay rate, but it is at least min wage. Good luck

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter