Follow

After finding out that 2 of my useless siblings spent New Year's Eve and the week at my brother's vacation home while I went to bed at 8 pm because Mom did too and I knew she'd up by 5am, I will not "turn the other cheek"... They do not exist to Mom mentally any more since she doesn't see them and they do not exist to me because they have NO respect for ME.. They are selfish and I do not care what their excuses are and they are pieces of s**t to me!!

What's your resolution?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Thank you Jinx - wish I didn't have to think it quite so often, though!
(0)

I am going to request more consecutive days off work. I usually get scheduled with split days off...I am going to ask more often for 2-3 days off in a row so I can get more done here at home. Many of the ladies I work with request weekends off. That doesn't matter to me so much because I like having the time off during the week when hubby is working so I can get more done. I very seldom request a specific day off...now I am going to ask for more.
(1)

CM - "never mind the date, start again today." I love it.
(0)

My resolutions are:1) join the YMCA and go to some yoga classes and get in some socialization for me, and 2) clean out the garage and spare room of the items collected by my FTD spouse. Both of these resolutions should help achieve my goals of less stress and better coping skills.
(0)

Most people still only know us as Quakers countrymouse!
(0)

Only in formal documents do we use the entire Religious Society of Friends countrymouse, even among each other we say Friends. The other conscious thought we try to keep and is actually the backbone is "To see the Light in everyone", however you define "Light". I was told to look for the princess in my partner, another word for Light.
(0)

I'm committing to exercising every day, even if it's just 20 minutes a day. Last year was probably the most difficult year of my life and I stopped caring for myself. I resolve to get healthier and feel better so I can enjoy my time with my husband and children.
(4)

Digger, when I was a girl I was told it was more polite to refer to the Society of Friends! And since those days, repeated experiences have taught me that the Friends are indeed deserving of the utmost respect: I have only positive thoughts about their approach to life - perhaps especially their understanding that people usually do fall short of the ideal, and yet are still worthy of love.

I've already loused up my single NYR - "stop faffing about and get on with it" - two days running, so I'm altering it to "never mind the date, start again today."
(2)

Haven't made a New Year's resolution in over 40 years. Is it ok to say I'm a Quaker on here? We have a saying, "Make love the first motion", that's not my resolution. My resolution is to stop adding on the second part I just made up a few months ago which is "Or make the second one count". It's just a terrible way to think and really not at all like me. I feel like I have found an understanding group of friends here, thank you, with love, Digger.
(1)

My resolution is to take better control of my life so my daughter can't use me as an excuse for hiding from the challenging job of finding her own future.
(4)

I don't make 'resolutions' as I know three days from now I will forget what that intention was.... I learned a lot about myself this past year....so, with baby steps, I am going to get my life back..... have more fun and spend a lot more time with my precious granddaughter...... last year sucked.... so at least we get to start with a clean slate...
(2)

Cap'n, I am looking to get out of caregiving this next year and will be looking for work, I am fat, old, and have bad knees and chronic back pain.... other than possibly thinking it is time to 'put me out of my misery', I can still follow directions....I wont even mind being hollered at, called names, having things thrown at me.... been doing that for years now.... so let me know.... lol.... have a good one Cap'n...... lots of hugs to you....
(2)

I would have to say it is to be a better caretaker/mother. I am someone who has a lot of patience when it comes to people, but we fear granny is more near her end living with us than we want to admit. We are trying to keep her out of a home as long as possible, but I am getting close to being burnt out (with the exception of my boyfriend after work and on the weekends) I have NO help from her family.

Desiree
(0)

Capt you are far from an idiot. That will come as a shock to him.
(1)

i plan to hire a different helper this year. my kid keeps talking down to me like im an idiot. im 30 yrs his senior, hardly an idiot.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter