My mother died today...

Follow

Hospice released my mom 2 weeks ago said she was not declining when I saw a definite decline. Last week :-P 85/55 was told she was dehydrated, gave her pedialyte, improved a lot and was so much better. Had home group come, they wanted to try to get her up if possible the following week. She was in a lot of pain last night, very nervous, stressed out, hallucinating and palliative care no good. At night changed her in middle of night, slept a few hours, she must of fell out of bed and got her neck and face stuck in railing and strangled herself. I don't know how to deal with this. She had given up, I think her body was shutting down and didn't realize it at the time. She was probably suffering a great deal but had no pain medication but tylenol. Medical examiner said she probably fell asleep and died right away. I hope he was right and didn't lay there in pain. I kept going in there to try to help her but nothing helped. I wanted her to die peacefully on hospice. This is a terrible way to die.

Find Care & Housing

Comments

Show:
1 2 3
Hugs!!! Everyone has said what I feel in my heart. Please listen to the Medical Examiner. Your mother would not want you to get lost in grief. I am going to pray that God will send his angels to wrap their loving arms around you and help you through this time. As you said, she was already leaving this world for one where there is no pain. Hugs!
(4)

I'm so sorry to see the news of your loss. You did all you could for your mother and you can take some comfort in that. I can't imagine such pain, but, hope that you can find comfort in fond memories and not those of her passing. Take care of yourself.
(2)

so sorry for your loss. Your mom knew you loved her and did the best you could for her. Dont beat yourself up. You'll see her again. Find some peace. Know this was not your fault.
(2)

I’m very sorry for your loss.
(1)

Something can happen in the blink of an eye and we are powerless to change it and it is then that we must summon the strength to accept it

I pray you feel a wee bit of strength - you were mom's hero - I'm crying with you tonight
(6)

So sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace and comfort as mourn her passing.
(2)

I grieve for you Dat. Try not to think more of this then the love for your mother. Not how she passed away.
I feel for you.
(2)

I’m very sorry to read of your loss. There’s a unique pain in losing a good mother. You’ve done your best and she’s at peace and whole now. I hope you’ll be surrounded by the good memories in the days ahead
(2)

Dat, I'm so, so sorry. Bless you now as you move thru your time of grieving.
(3)

Dat, so sorry to hear of your loss.
(2)

1 2 3
Related
Questions