Follow

The time I feared all my life is here. My grandma is not doing well. She is 103 and in nursing home. I was her fav grandkid. Her first one. She helped my mom raise me because my mom was really young. Last night, they let me and my mom go see her which was a miracle. They took her to a special room in front of the nursing home. We haven't seen her close to two months due to pandemic. I rubbed her little feet and legs and also scratched her arms. She used to scratch my arms and my back when I was little. I saw a faint smile when she opened her eyes and looked at me. She cared for me more than anyone and always worried about me. I think that will be the last time I will see her alive. I will miss my little grandma.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I am so glad you were able to see your grandma.

I don't know if you have any religious beliefs--but I do, and I KNOW that the people whom I have lost were NOT alone when they passed. I truly believe that loved ones who have gone before them come to get them. My dad talked to his mom and sister as if they were right there. My grandma would talk to her sweetheart who passed 36 years before she went. It was only when I told mom to go home and have a nap that gma passed. She said grandpa kept coming to get her, but my mom was always there.

103!! Sweetie, you were given a great gift of that many years with someone you clearly adore.
(0)

I am so glad you and your mom were able to see your sweet
grandmother, What a gift and blessing that you were able to see her and say goodbye. She knew you were present, the special smile she gave you, she opened her eyes and looked at you. You hold that very special memory close to your heart. Your grandmother is so blessed to have such a wonderful and caring granddaughter. Someday when we all leave this world we will be with our special loved ones once again. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time. May you find peace and strength as you continue on your journey in life. Wishing you many blessings, medrpo. Sending you hugs.
(0)

When someone was loved in life, they never “pass away alone”. There will always be someone who will come for her.

It May be her spouse, or a dear brother or sister, or even her mom. When that moment comes, her guide will be sent, and she will go home.

Believe this.
(2)

What a blessing that the nursing home gave you this special visit! Treasure this memory, along with all of the memories of your precious grandma in happy times. My mother died alone in a nursing home. She faded over some weeks, sleeping a deep sleep. Though our family was there a lot it became impossible to predict when it would actually happen and she was alone, sleeping and then gone. I made peace with it, and hope you will also. The life is what counts, glad you’ve been blessed to share it. I wish you peace
(1)

I'm so sorry your dear grandma is fading away. But I'm really happy you and your mom were able to go see her and say goodbye; thank God for that. She knew you were there and scratching her and was able to give you a smile of acknowledgement; how special was THAT? 103 years of life is an amazing accomplishment.

Sending you a big hug and a prayer that your grandmother's transition will be quick and painless. God bless.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter