Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
"I'm still trying to reach an emotional position which allows me to respond to everyone w/o becoming emotional."

GA, I read your post here a couple of days ago, and I was feeling too emotional with my OWN emotional response to your description of this relationship you had with your father... that I didn't post at the time. I thought I would wait a day or two and then offer condolences. If that's how *I'm* feeling about your loss, I can only imagine that you are feeling very raw indeed.

I'm so very happy for you that you had such a friend in your father. I can only imagine what it would be like to have such a wonderful friend, a lifelong friend, taken away, the incredible loss you must feel... even while you celebrate his life and your special bond with him.

I think a journal is a great idea. You could "talk to him" when you're missing him.

I wish you growing peace in coming months. Many (((((hugs)))))) to you.
(4)

Hello. This is my first post. My father is 81 and in hospice care. I take care of him every 2 weeks, my brother who is 10 years older than me takes care of him the other 2 weeks so i can go into work. I was with my dad 3 weeks this last time while my brother was in Ukraine and Moscow visiting 2 women he is dating. He is separated and getting a divorce. He shares stories of all the expensive places hes taken these women. I am at my boiling point. Our father, our last and best parent is dying and he is acting like its no big deal. In 2 weeks his lady friend is flying from Russia to visit him in LA and they will travel around CA. I can barely function. Life has lost all joy for me as I watch my father die. Don’t know how to deal with piece of @@&$ brother. Advice?
(1)

GA, all we can do at this point is to cherish the blessings of having loved and been loved so truly. I know the depth of love you are feeling for your father...and I have recently started facing the reality of loosing my own. My heart goes out to you and I wanted you to know that your beautiful tribute has given me comfort, too. Peace and Blessings.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter