Follow

That's why he's there with you. I called 911. If I knew how to get him to stop, he would still be home with me. This is also why he's been in the hospital so long and we have not been able to get him into a nursing home.
I told her he never hit me until he got this horrible disease.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
He doesn't have a male nurse or paramedic?
(1)

Oh, how distressing...I'm so sorry you are going through this. Was he given any medications in the hospital?
(0)

This is so sad. For you. For them all caring for him. For him. They will likely insist that he is medicated. Do know that when you find him "snowed" and think to complain, that his life at present is a danger to others and a torment to him. Sometimes medication is the only answer. Given not everything can be fixed. I am so sorry and so glad that you are no longer attempting to do this care. The man you loved, who would never do this, is essentially disappearing. I am so sorry.
(1)

It is all about getting him to the right inpatient hospital to get the right doctors to get him on the correct medication.

My husband and I went through this for a very long time with his brother. We had him moved to a town that we know have great phyciatric doctors, now he is not the same person.

He is doing Amazing. There is help.
(0)

His doctor needs to prescribe some serious medication for him to help keep these violent outbursts under control. Nursing home staff can only handle so much and they will not accept some patients and will discharge others from a facility if it's that bad.
(0)

He's been in the psych ward of the hospital for 7 weeks now. I'm scared for his future and mine. They say if they can't find somewhere to send him, they will send him home. No choice. Yes, they say he is medicated. We were going to try to get him placed in a nursing home.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter