Follow

He seemed to be doing really well in the hospital, but since he has come home he is more argumentative them normal, his breathing has gotten worse and is now on oxygen all the time. He doesn't want to listen and just gets up and does things for himself without telling me. I am living at his house now, and he seems to think he is going to be able to be back living by himself, but I don't see that happening. I can not put him in a home as he would decline more. I lived with mom and him before her death. I seriously think this is the road this is going.

As you see I don't really have a question, I just need someone to talk to without feeling too alone. I have a sister-in-law (my brother died a year ago in January). and I have my daughter and her family. But I need someone to vent to.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I hear you, it is tough. And scary, on many different levels. But you know, things change, and not always for the worse. Perhaps he'll get better, or you will find help, it doesn't have to be as it's been in the past.

Take it one single day at a time, promise yourself that you'll always manage to have time for yourself, somehow, no matter what, do the best you can for him, treat yourself with the very same care and compassion.

A hug.
(2)

I am so sorry you're going through this. It is tough. Come and vent anytime you want. Also, you will more likely get more reply if you post your comment/question in the Question section of the forum in stead of the Discussion.
(2)

I'd report any change in his mental status to his doctor. Maybe, he needs to get checked out, if you notice his condition is worse. I might explore what options that he has for help. Are you the designated Healthcare POA and Durable POA? I might make sure he has signed them so someone can assist him moving forward. Hopefully, you can locate some help.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter