Follow

Mom asked to phone her children. I helped her call my brother then both sisters. When she was finally hanging up, she said help me dial my other daughter, and said my name. In that moment, I was loved like her daughter again. no other group would understand that moment. Most might see it as a sad effect of dementia - looking to call the person standing right in front of her. To me, it was a gift. In her heart, she loves me as her daughter, though I am her caregiver too.  I hugged her tight.

Wishing each of you to receive an extra dose of love and joy this Christmas.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
i LOVE that you saw the love in that moment. My spirit and spunk and open mindedness are tired and you just pepped it up a bit. You mom loves you as a daughter. I get how wonderful that is.
(1)

What a wonderful story :)
Your attitude is what I'm trying to learn. Thank you so much for sharing.
(1)

I had some moments of peace and love with my mother during our last visit. She could not hear and is not very verbal anymore, but I held her hand and she squeezed it and we gazed at one another and the love flowed. It was a gift.
(5)

Merry Christmas to you and your mom
(1)

Wonderful, you are obviously in her heart and that is where it counts!
Margaret
(1)

I love it! You know you are loved and remembered in some part of her mind! Merry Christmas to you and yours!
(4)

Nice to hear a good story! It is nice you had that moment. Merry Christmas.
(5)

I am so glad you had this moment of joy.
(4)

Lovely story, full of Christmas hope and magic. Thanks for sharing.
(6)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter