My aunt is hiding my Mom, I don't know if she has POA. Police will not help.

Follow

I have no siblings, and was living in Oklahoma when my dad passed in September last year. My aunt took my mom somewhere and refuses to tell anyone even the police what she did with her. I've now moved back to Memphis when she is from, but I have no money for an attorney or even a job at this point. My mother had no money, so I don't understand why my aunt is doing this. My mother had been incapacitated from a stroke since 2007. How can I find out if my aunt has POA, and if so how to challenge it. Please help I need to find my mother. Thank you so much.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4 5
BTW, I don't feel like a fool because I just don't take it personal.
(0)

Agreed!! Lets do it!!
(0)

Agreed, Vstefans.
(1)

I can verify the part about Federal parole. My secretary's husband used to have a gun shop and was very unfortunately involved in selling a firearm that ended up in the hands of a convicted felon; none of us thought it was his fault or that he could have reasonably known, but it did not go as well as possible in court and he ended up with 2 years in the fed, no chance for reduction in that no matter what, though he was model prisoner and had good family and friends support.

I reallly like Sharynmarie's attitude - I too would rather be a fool helping a real troll on some rare occasion, as long as I didn't take some kind of bait and come out with an opinion they could totally use in some self-serving way. That actually happens on the only other board I'm at all active on, called Sermo; we get legal trolls trying to get people to write negative things that might help one or the other party in some court case (!) I would really, really like to see us be very very sparing about calling someone the "t" word from here on out.
(4)

I have been reading this thread and I certainly don't want to offend anyone...but if you are suspecting someone is a troll...why do you post on the thread? It just seems to me that if said op is a troll, you are giving them what they are looking for...attention and causing people to get their anger and anxiety levels up.

I used to get angry with new posters who started a thread...many of us, including myself jumped in giving suggestions, love and hugs. The op would never respond again. I decided I would pick and chose new postings from newcomers, if I do chose to post on a new thread and the op never responds to anyone or if they turn out to be a troll,....that is the chance I took in trying to help someone. I do not take it personal because 97% are legit and real
(4)

Memphis, ignore the insults. They thought I was a troll at first. Anybody with less than 100 answers is a troll. After a few thousand answers we get upgraded to idiot. LOL
(3)

Federal parole is still around, but not for felons after the law changed in 1987. Memphis is too young to know much about this or had experience with it. Many people on this forum have more years of life experience than Memphis and are familiar with the law the way it used to be. Most of us would have no reason to stay up to date on parole issues for federal felons.
(3)

Wishing your mom the best.
(1)

My roommate gave me his iPhone 4s, and he upgraded to iPhone 5s. He has me on his AT&T share plan. I'm sorry that I've made some of you to believe that this was a "troll" post. I only just found this place through google. I've never been here before, nor will I ever come back. I only wanted to find out where my mom was, that was all. I thought my aunt took her, but was hiding her, thus I was asking about legal challenges to her POA. Not so that I could try to get her to care for her, because I simply can't, but rather just so that I could see her and know that she is okay. When the police called me back yesterday I found out none of this was the case, and my cousin had placed her into two homes, etc, I've already told the story. Some people here were helpful, and for that I am greatful. Some people here, such as thinking the Feds still have parole, have no idea what they are talking about, and those people are indeed the trolls. I wish everyone here the best. Pero, ya me voy.
(0)

Bookluvr, I too recall another post which is similar to Memphis style - different scenario, similar issues in style, attitude toward women, escape hatch, change of direction... I think that post was a troll as well; in fact I think it was Memphis with a different screen name.

There are just too many holes in Memphis' story to be real. His last post once again reflects another inconsistency.
(2)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Related
Questions