Follow

I wanted to thank you all for your great advice and all your support when I had Questions about my mom’s health or just problems. Mom passed away yesterday and I miss her a lot ...but I know she is at peace and no more Alzheimer’s or dementia, no more hospital visits or pain, her passing was peaceful and restful... she had family who loved her with her at all times, my hospice was amazing and the doctors she had kept her comfortable and they knew her for years so loved her as their own mom. My mother was a wonderful good person who always put her kids first, she never thought of herself.. she loved everyone, she was a nurse for 54 years. She is the reason my sister and I became nurses. Now she is with my sister who passed away 5 years agom, and with her mom and dad who she missed. I go to her room and I miss her so much, but I know she is happy... thank you again for all you have done to help me through her illness... the next hard part will be the funeral... I have to first go to the funeral home today to see her and identify her and that’s scary, then the funeral. It kills me but I’ll get through it... I enjoy this site and will be peeking in to see the posts ...love to you all.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

It is wonderful to hear how much you love your mom and know that the separation is only temporary.

HUGS 2 U!
(2)

So sorry for your loss. What a blessing you have been to your mom and she to you! Hope memories of the good times surround you in the days ahead
(1)

Sorry for your loss.
What a happy way to depart. No pain, no more pills and potions, peace at last.

I am sure she knew how much you loved her because you showed it in how you cared for her.

You have already said goodbye, so the funeral is for others to do the same.

Hugs to you.
(2)

So sorry to hear this Ohm. I’m glad it was peaceful for her. Sounds like you did all the right stuff.
(2)

Sending my sympathy and a ((hug)).
(2)

Sorry for your loss. Keep the memories of your mother close to your heart and may her memory be a blessing
(2)

🌹
(1)

((((((((Hugs))))))))) to you, Ohm! You are an amazing caregiver!!!
(2)

I’m so sorry for the loss of your mom. Please come back often and let us know how you’re doing. (((Hugs))).
(2)

ohmeowzer, my condolences on your great loss. May sweet memories of your wonderful mother, how she so positively guided your life, bring you peace. {hug}

Those initial days after a mom's loss is hard, but as the stress of the funeral and the required tasks fade, please stay with us.
(2)

ohmeowzer, my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.
(2)

Ohm, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Your Mom sounds one terrific Lady! You have been a wonderful caregiver to her, so take Real .pride in that! You take care!
(1)

Thanks for sharing what a wonderful person your Mom was. I am sure you will miss her.
(1)

You have been an inspiration to many. I'm so sorry for your loss.
(0)

Prayers and thoughts go with you. My Mom passed last September and my comfort is knowing she knew she was going to heaven. She too suffered from Dementia. I know she is now whole and in no pain.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter