Follow

I have been on this site for over three years. You all learned about my dad and his passing three years ago. You've seen my comments about my mom-her incessant 'ohmygod' repeating. Well after a six month emotional struggle for her and us, she has finally...i hope...found peace as she passed away Aug 6 at 1215am. I'm still kind of numb. I took care of her since I was 9 years old. 40 years is a long time. I miss her and will miss her and my dad always.

I am however looking forward to finally having a life of my own. I got married 4 years ago and we have yet to be alone and just be married.

Thanks for all your comments. I just wanted to thank you all and say bye. I have had enough caregiving and thoughts about caregiving and dealing with doctors and nurses and caregivers and I'm taking a break from it all. I only wish I could totally give up my cell phone and internet but then I'd have no income.

Take it easy all of you. I know we'll all find peace in the end. Remember, if it's not alright, it's not the end. ;)

Dulci

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I'm so sorry. Praying for you. My mom died this past April. I still like to come on this site and see if I can help someone else. It has also been helpful in closing her estate.
(0)

Dulci, I'm so sorry for the passing of your Mom. I know this is a very difficult time for you and can understand the need to put some distance between you and caregiving....I have thought about the same thing when that time comes...I pray you take care of yourself...enjoy your life and live it to the fullest....I know it will be a huge change for you, but praying for peace in your life and that the emptiness you now feel will be filled by knowing that you were there for your sweet Mom...and she would want you to be happy. (((hugs)))
(0)

i think youll have much more emotional reckoning . i wouldnt suggest tuning this site out entirely .. youll weigh your successes and shortcomings , losses and rebuilding yourself . my mom has been gone a year and this site still helps me deal with the afterthoughts ..
terminal caregiving isnt one of the simplest parts of your life ..

OH CAPTAIN, I agree. I didn't think I would be back on this site, but here I am. I read quite often...just don't reply. The double whammy of losing both of my parents within a 4 month span has done a number on me. I second guess myself a lot. Did I do this, did I need to do that.......on and on and on. I'm trying to learn how to deal with noncaregiving. I'm trying to find my way back to where I count. I am doing fine and then within the next while, I am consumed with grief. This is a journey and as I have discussed before, I will never be the same. Never.

Dulci, sorry about your Mom. I hope you can go on with life and not have the issues I've just stated. Peace be with you.
(0)

Sorry for your loss. I hope that you find comfort in knowing that you did everything you could to give her a wonderful life. {{Hugs}}
(0)

I'm sorry for your loss. I love what you wrote here, though. It's thoughtful, hopeful, insightful, and so on!
(0)

Dulci, take a nice refreshing trip with your family-much needed. Have no regrets. My friend has planned a nice one night getaway with my hubby and me and her family. It's only 10 minutes away from home, but it will be an adventure-much needed.
Take care.
(0)

Many good thoughts for you going forward. If you want to drop in in the future you will be very welcome
(0)

i think youll have much more emotional reckoning . i wouldnt suggest tuning this site out entirely .. youll weigh your successes and shortcomings , losses and rebuilding yourself . my mom has been gone a year and this site still helps me deal with the afterthoughts ..
terminal caregiving isnt one of the simplest parts of your life ..
(1)

Bless you, Dulci!!
(0)

Sorry for your loss.. Hugs...
(0)

Mom and you both have a glorious new journey ahead, albeit not together. I'm sure she would want you to make up for lost time and live your life fully and filled with love.Enjoy your new life, as much as she is enjoying heaven.
(5)

I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. Thank you for the touching message. I wish you a wonderful life as you start anew.
(1)

Sympathies for your loss, Dulci. And best of luck to you and your family, as you move ahead. Take care :)
(1)

DulcifromDenver- Im am also sorry for your loss and sending you well wishes. You have done a wonderful job and now you and your husband will have the time deserved. There's no reason you need to leave, stay, Im sure you have made friends here as well as you can still be active on here, sharing your experiences for others.Take care of yourself. Hugs
(2)

I am so sorry for your loss. May happy memories soon bring you comfort. You have done an extraordinary task. Take very good care of yourself now. xx
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter