Follow

A week ago today mom passed peacefully in her sleep. Though we knew it was coming it did not make it any easier. It was long road full of ups and down and I would do it all over again.
I still feel like I have abandoned you at the cemetery, that I should still be there holding your hand.
You are at peace now and with dad. I love you both and miss you more than you will ever know.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
caregiver75104 said it so eloquently. It is a rough road. The things you said about peace make me know that you will get through. Take it slowly. I care for you, your family, and everyone who posted here. We are all in this together. Peace.
(0)

sorry for the loss. I understand the lost. I lost my dad when I was 18 years old. Hugs to you and your family.
(0)

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. It is a difficult journey. For me it is the loss of the family origin. Please take your time grieving as there is no time line and if you need to look into bereavement classes to help you, do it. It does not matter if we know it is coming or not...losing our parents is very hard. Hugs to you and your family!
(0)

My condolences to you and your family. I understand that there are not enough words to say to take the pain away but I hope that you do find the strength, peace, love, and comfort to move forward daily.
(0)

I'm here with you. My mom passed last Saturday also peacefully in her sleep after being sick for over 6 years with dementia and old age (she was 88). We had the memorial yesterday complete with a DVD of her life and with the burial of the crements tomorrow at the cemetery. I will miss my mom so much and after seeing that video wish I had just one day to go back and talk to her without the dreaded dementia. She is no longer in her body and I am holding her hand in my heart and I will always and forever be holding her hand and she mine. My son lives in San Francisco and I live in Seattle, yesterday when he was here I looked at him and thought you are part of me and I am part of you, we will never be getting away from each other, we are bound through eternity. I don't know if this makes any sense, but I know my mother is never alone and we are always with her and she with us. Bless you.
(0)

How bittersweet this is. She is in a better place, with dad and went peacefully. But, you are feeling as if you should still be with her. You have so much to be proud of, you were there for her.
(0)

my prayers and hope to you and your family! I totally identify with your feeling you should be holding her hand! I cant imagine the feelings when it is my time to say goodbye! May you find peace and comfort in the days ahead!
(0)

Bemomiller so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. As you said she is at peace now and you will be there soon also. Time will heal...
(0)

So sorry bemomiller...prayers are with you. So glad she was at peace at the end. Am sure it doesn't make it any easier. Dad passed 6 months ago..right now mom is ok...but soon I will be where you are...
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter