Follow

(This is in Ohio)

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/meals-on-wheels-begins-pet-food-delivery-program/?fbclid=IwAR3bVbi4fEN3eNPBiPENnOYPG7i-GlE-9cozqmwmLwXwZCufKmoqWVcm4yE

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Love it!
(2)

What a wonderful idea. I do a half route for MOW here once a month (Half because I am paying an aide for Mom, but I am counting the time as "my" time.)

Will pass this along to our coordinator.

Many thanks for sharing.
(1)

What a wonderful idea. I do a half route for MOW here once a month (Half because I am paying an aide for Mom, but I am counting the time as "my" time.)

Will pass this along to our coordinator.

Many thanks for sharing.
(2)

No pet food delivery here by meals on wheels. (Our program is barely covering the humans that need food support).
(1)

Wonderful & needed.

as an aside, maybe it’s all new for Ohio, but MOW America (Meals on Wheels umbrella organization) has had pet meals program funding available as a grant to local MOWs. 193 grants given in 2017. The grant $ really helps the local MOW to get additional local / regional partners as it’s enough to set up the intake & storage separate from human food prep & packaging. Banfield Pet Hospitals are a big, BIG, contributor to it - they are a really great corporate citizen & give quietly. Banfield are the ones that usually are the vets & groomers at PetSmart locations.

Some MOW have had pet feeding programs quite a long time. San Francisco has “Pet Pals” as an adjunct to its MOW & they do pet food and litter since before 2005. They sent down Pet MREs after Hurricane Katrina, it was basically a drawstring swag bag with 3-4 mos of dry food, collar, some sort of rawhide (dog) or snack (cat), a toy & coupon from Banfield. The bags were blue with bone graphic or orange with whiskers. It was very clever. Even since I’ve gone to Banfield for services.
(3)

That's such a nice thing to read. Thank you for posting it. Some people say get rid of pets if you're having trouble affording them, but I don't think they realize how important a pet can be. I'm thankful I can afford mine, since my quality of life would be so much poorer without them.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter