Follow

I really like doing the doctor appointments on-line, much easier than asking the front desk what dates and times are available, and if already filled asking for another date/time, rinse, repeat.

What do you think of this software? The appointment part I like, but the "new patient" part is not that user friendly. I do like that I can make the screen larger to see the print compared to filling out that sheet in the waiting room using a magnifying glass and flashlight :P The say-what part of the software is when they ask to scan your driver's license and insurance cards. Oops, cannot do, don't have that software.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
FF, can you take pictures of your DL and insurance cards with your phone and upload them? Or just leave that blank till you get to the office?
(1)

You can download an app that will allow your phone to act like a scanner (and presumeably save the doc to pdf format, jpeg or png).

Does your clinic really have no patient portal system in place? Like MyChart?
(0)

I just got my new cellphone couple weeks ago, I am still in the "how do you answer this thing?" phase.

Tomorrow I plan to call that medical practice and tell them I will bring in my driver's license and insurance card on the day of my appointment.

I am really surprised that this medical practice has this type of software, as the practice is for age related eye diseases. And I remember years ago, when I took my parents to the same office for their appointments, I was the youngest one in the packed waiting room [I was in my mid-60's].
(2)

I don't think you have any problem there. Just leave what u can't do blank. They have a scanner at the office they can scan it right into what you have already done.

I went to a new dentist a couple of years back. Girl comes out with an 8 inch tablet where there is a form to fill out. I asked for a stylus, she didn't have one. I had my own TG. My hands are always cold so have a hardtime with touch screens. Asked what they do for people that have no idea how to use tablets, like my husband, she said, she helps them. With my DH that would be hard because he is almost deaf too.😊
(1)

JoAnn29, I also have to use an stylus pen when typing or checking off something on a screen. Such pens are a life saver for those of us who don't have the fingers of a 13 year old. Otherwise, whatever I type looks like the cat walked across the keyboard.
(0)

I had trouble at Universal a year back. They finger print you and then u use them to get into different parks. Even in Fla my hands were cold. Had problem everytime. Last time they just let me in when none of my fingers worked. A guy behind me told me aft I got through to rub my fingers on my jeans. It works.
(1)

Had my eye doctor appointment yesterday. Gave them my driver's license and insurance cards. Then the person behind the desk gave me paper work to fill out. Oh goody !!

So there I was trying to read the print which wasn't large enough for me to read, so had to bring out my large magnifying glass. Was sitting by the windows, thank goodness the sun wasn't out as I could have burn a hole in the paperwork :P

Wasn't easy balancing the clipboard, pen, and magnifier. The arthritis in my writing hand started to make itself know by the second page, so the printing started to look like I had one too many glasses of wine.... [sigh].

The test/x-ray for macular degeneration was interesting. Had dye inserted in my arm for one x-ray test. The tech had a great sense of humor so it was comforting. Then the tech said I will see different colors afterwards. Since I didn't partake in the hippie movement, this color thing was cool :) The white walls turned red.... when I closed my eyes saw dark green.... then the walls were pink.... closed eyes now blue.

As for treatment at this stage, special vitamins called Focus. Thankfully the chewable one aren't causing stomach upset like the coated vitamins I tried months ago.

Both my parents had this eye issue, so now it is my turn.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter