Follow

She suffered so much that my heart aches for her. Now, it's just me, and maybe I need some healing time. My dad and one sister live in Boston, and although neither one of them ever helped me take care of my mom for 4 years, or showed up for her Memorial I'm going back to see them. My dad is very ill and now I'm worrie3d about him he is 84, and has serious heart issues amoung other things.
I think I'm going to drive from San Francisco across country to Boston. I'm excited about it. I think it's just what I need, but finding someone to go with me seems to be a problem. I just hope that I don't have to make this trip alone. I guess I could always buy a dog (HA, Ha). I also want to take my mom's ashes to Florida (where I know that she would want me to), and take them out to sea. It's going to be a long trip.
I want to thank all of you guys for your support during those tough times when I was caring for my mom. You really helped me through many days, and helped me to find my strength. I wish all of you the best, and I will pray for all of the AgingCare.com members. I know how difficult times can be when you are caring for a loved one, but if I had to do it all over I would have done the same. I am so thankful that I had such prescious time spent with my mom. I will treasure it forever. I miss my mom so much that my heart aches. Remember .... be good to your elder parent that you are caring for, because one day they will be gone, and all you are left with is pictures, memories and an ache in your heart.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter