Follow

What is you belief.? As my mom was in the hospice bed & the nurse said her death was imminent within 48 hrs. Mom was only mumbling! You could not understand one word. Than a few hours before she passed she yelled. (WELP I"M IN LINE ) With great tears in my eyes I said (what are u in line for the grocery store ?) after that she just mumbled & than passed 2 hrs later. Mom was allergic to alot of meds so she was not on morphine or any heavy duty painkiller. she was on a phenatol patch & ativan . I know this was not caused by meds. please tell me if any ones loved ones had any experiences like this , I really need to know.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Sorry for the double post, read the last one. (oops)
(0)

These stories bring tears to my eyes. What wonderful stories. My mom is in a RH at the moment. She's 85, had bone cancer in her knee which was removed along with her leg. They replace the whole knee by cutting her leg off in 2 places and replacing her leg. She can not use the leg because there is no stability there. I'm bringing her home next week. Rehab says there is nothing more they can do for her. She's thrilled to be coming home. When she got to the RH from the hospital, (By the way, my mother is a Preachers wife. She absolutely knows where she is going when she dies. No doubt about it.). All she wanted was to die. She wanted to go to Heaven, she was ready. Every day she waited to go. Everyone told her she wasn't going yet, but that did not stop her. My dad would say, you want to leave me before I can go with you?. My mom was on Vicadent (spelling?). She never took anything stronger than asperin in her whole life. She was having terrible dreams, like demons coming out of the TV, She would hear screams during the night, real bad stuff. She was afraid of going to sleep. I told them to change her meds and all of that stuff stopped. Which reinsured her she wanted to die now. No one would would go alone with her. She told me that she really wanted to be with her Jesus. Why was I wrong to want to go to heaven? I told here there was nothing wrong with that, it is just that us people who love her are selfish and don't want to let her go yet. That there is something obviously God still wants her to do, so he's not ready for you.

I do not know what you believe in, but be assured that there is a Heaven and a Hell. If you believe in one, you have to believe in both, If there is a Up there has to be a Down. Isn't it reassuring that God is waiting for your loved ones. It can give peace to all concerned. Just make sure that they know where they are going. If they don't and you are not secure with getting them to understand, find a Christian, pastor, or any God fearing person who can lead her in the right direction. Knowing my parents are off for a party in Heaven is so peaceful. Hope you feel reassured God is Alive, He loves us and is waiting for us in Heaven with all of our loved ones to greet us. Hope this helps. God bless you
(0)

These stories bring tears to my eyes. What wonderful stories. My mom is in a RH at the moment. She's 85, had bone cancer in her knee which was removed along with her leg. They replace the whole knee by cutting her leg off in 2 places and replacing her leg. She can not use the leg because there is no stability there. I'm bringing her home next week. Rehab says there is nothing more they can do for here. She's thrilled to be coming home. When she got to the RH from the hospital, (By the way, my mother is a Preachers wife. She absolutely knows where she is going when she dies. No doubt about it.). All she wanted was to die. She wanted to go to Heaven, she was ready. Every day she waited to go. Everyone told her she wasn't going yet, but that did not stop her. My dad would say, you want to leave me before I can go with you?. My mom was on Vicadent (spelling?). She never took anything stronger than asperin in her whole life. She was having terrible dreams, like demons coming out of the TV, She would hear screams during the night, real bad stuff. She was afraid of going to sleep. I told them to change her meds and all of that stuff. Which reinsured her she wanted to die now. No one would would go alone with her. She told me that she really wanted to be with her Jesus. Why was I wrong to want to go to heaven? I told here there was nothing wrong with that, it is just that us people who love her are selfish and don't want to let her go yet. That there is something obviously God still wants her to do, so he's not ready for you.

I do not know what you believe in, but be assured that there is a Heaven and a Hell. If you believe in one, you have to believe in both, If there is a Up there has to be a Down. Isn't it reassuring that God is waiting for your loved ones. It can give peace to all concerned. Just make sure that they know where they are going. If they don't and you are not secure with them to understand, find a Christian, paster,
(3)

These stories bring tears to my eyes and confirmation that there is life after LIFE. I, too, am a Christian. It is difficult waiting for a loved one to pass on to the next phase of LIFE after a long and sad illness. My mother has dementia and has many aging illnesses. She has "dreams", some she terms as nightmares. These dreams are of her parents, my father, and my step-father. At various times she says she is awake and sees them. She is not a religious person and is quite afraid of dying...I comfort her as much as I can and tell her not to worry, and, that God loves her. I think this is becoming a faith issue with my mom. Sometimes I think my family that has passed on is trying to comfort her and tell her to come with them. She says my dad has many times waved her to come over to him. When she talks about it she says it is eerie is certain ways. I just simply tell her that dad wants to see her again when God takes her home in His loving arms.
(2)

My Mother passed away last week, and I did not make it home in time to be with her. My sister and her caregivers at the Assisted Living Home told me how she kept putting her hand out and calling "Mom". She could not speak any other words clearly. Her pastor was there just before she passed and told her it was OK to go see her family. He also said he sees this all the time and it confirms to him that there is truly a God and heaven. Very comforting, isn't it?
(4)

tanner56,

I too am sorry for your loss. I wholeheartedly believe in life after LIFE as you put it. I'm Christian, so I believe the good Lord will bring us home when it is time. My mother-in-law is currently in the mumbling nonsense phase. Her nurse told me yesterday after I told her about something my MIL was mumbling the day before that it seems like it is close to her time now. While I am not God and therefore can't say when it is anybody's time to go, I do think that it is possible that my MIL may be seeing her own relatives lately. She was talking to her dad that passed away many years ago just the other day. My husband stays up more at night, so he always hears her, and she tells him about how her dad was waiting and she would like it if he is there(which I assume means Heaven).

I also have a caregiver that comes in to assist me every once and a while, and she has had the same type of experience with her loved one that passed from the same disease. She told me that she truly believes that patients do see people and have a valid experience with them. There have been times in my own life when I know someone must have been with me, even though I personally couldn't see them there, like a guardian angel.

I know my MIL will be with God when her time comes, so while there is a part of me that keeps mourning for her and the way she is living right now everyday, I do know she will be in a "much" better place when she goes home to be with the Lord. God bless you and your family. I know how it feels to think the things you are thinking about all of this too. It is hard to witness because of some of the things they say about death, but comforting to think that just maybe my MIL's family is there for her so she can have some comfort through the late stages of the awful disease of Alzheimer's.
(4)

tanner56, I am so sorry for your loss. Maybe this will be of comfort to you:
Yes, there is LIFE after life ... as one who was literally pulled back after "dying" on the OR table - your loved ones are there - I was so desperate to touch my mother, who died when I was a child. I hated being brought back, but God had other plans for me. When my husband's time was near I was able to literally "walk" with him - he saw his sister, his mother saw her husband. It seems to be not as isolated as some believe. For me personally, knowing were my husband was going, was very comforting despite the pain. I knew he would be safe and in loving hands.. and we will see each other again.
God bless you, and take care of yourself.
(5)

Following an operation in the hospital for cancer (which didn't actually develop), I was lying in my bed full of anxiety and fear. In the middle of the night I heard a voice as clear as though someone were standing by my bed (no one was) : "Do not be afraid. You are mine. You will never be alone." i have never had a moment of fear of dying since that moment. It was.35 years ago.
(3)

tanner56, I am so sorry for your loss. The week before a friend's husband died, he saw his parents at the door to the bedroom every night. They had died many years before. He told his wife, they were waiting for him to travel with them and his Mother sang lullabies to him every night that week. This gave both of them much comfort that last week.

I've heard other stories of people seeing relatives and friends waiting for them at the end of their journey. What a wonderful feeling of being together again that must give. As a believer, it makes me know that the circle of a family is never truly broken. The spirit of love is never ending.

God bless!
(8)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter