Follow

I realize a lot of us, including me come here for advice or to vent. So I wanted to post a positive comment about my mom. She was diagnosed with lung disease about five years ago. The disease is progressing, slowly. She is sick. I am so proud of the strength my mother bears. It's not the only issue she suffers with but my mom is a fighter! More like a lady warrior. She gets up daily and goes about her routine and she barely, ever complains about the horrible disease that took so much of her health and freedom. I am so proud of how strong she is and the example she has always set to me. Which is to be a survivor! I love my mom and though times are hard sometimes I wouldn't trade the last 11 year's I've taken care of her. It's a day to day experience and that's all any of us really have and can take on. Just a day at a time!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
It is so nice to hear a positive comment on here. We are supportive of each other because most of us have difficult situations and need to vent.

To be able to be positive and loving is such a gift, I hope you know that.

My goal is life (one of them!) is to be MISSED when I am gone. There are certainly days when I feel like my kids would have been just fine if I had just let the cancer take me.

You are fortunate and you know it. What a gift!!
(2)

Thank you for sharing. It’s nice to hear about you and your mom being mutually appreciated and blessed by each other
(2)

You are blessed!!! I'm not going to bleed on your page, but just know you are among the very few of us that can share such a positive story. God bless you and your mom. I hope you have many more years of loving memories!
(1)

Your story seems my story. Lung deases (bpco}, macular degeneration, pacemaker... 29kg with her clothes on... But still wanting to live and be useful.
But a problem: she is terribly stubborn!
(1)

Thank you for posting about your dear mom. You both are fortunate to have each other and your mom sounds lovely. My mother has a strong constitution and is a fighter too. I have been caring for her for a long time and have no regrets. I hope your mom continues to do well. Great to hear she is able to go about her daily routine. Wishing you wonderful memories, peace and joy as you continue on your caregiving journey.
(5)

Wonderful to hear of your special mom!

I am glad that you feel such warmth and love.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter